Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Evidence for parents help!! watch

    • Thread Starter

    So my mum received a letter to prove her income for 2015/16 to accompany my application for student finance, but at this time she was voluntarily unemployed ergo had no income for that period. We did declare this on the online form but they still want evidence of some sort.

    Just wondered if anyone encountered a situation such as this as she has no P60 forms to send nor any evidence to prove that she was out of work as she also didn't claim any benefits.

    She did set up a business in 2016 but it operates during the 2016/17 tax year so her tax return would probably be invalid and would only be used next year.

    Thank you in advance for any information 😊
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    Did she sign on to retain her NI contributions? JCP should be able to provide evidence of this to support your application.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi GabbyKz

    If your mum got zero income during the 2015/16 tax year and she hasn't got a P60 or any other financial evidence,
    what she can do is send a zero income letter which is a written letter from your mum confirming that she got zero income during the
    2015/16 tax year or a letter from a third party supporting them for example their partner.

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.