The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship help

I would like to apply for an apprenticeship, its honestly the best apprenticeship that is suited to me but it last for 15 months and only want to do an apprenticeship for 12 months as I might be moving abroad around August 2018. Should I just apply and leave early or just miss a great opportunity?
Original post by Sara22.09
I would like to apply for an apprenticeship, its honestly the best apprenticeship that is suited to me but it last for 15 months and only want to do an apprenticeship for 12 months as I might be moving abroad around August 2018. Should I just apply and leave early or just miss a great opportunity?

Completely up to you, but they arent going to be impressed if they find out you are heading abroad and always knew.
Original post by Sara22.09

If you don't complete the apprenticeship in the 15 months, it is unlikely that you will finish with the qualification. Before applying I would send an E-mail to HR or whoever it concerns and ask them whether the programme can be completed in 12 months, there is no point applying with the intention to leave 3 months early because it could potentially cause some underlying issues.

The minimum duration for an apprenticeship is 12 months but most apprenticeships I've seen are being advertised for 15-18 months due to the content which needs to be covered.

Quick Reply