Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bad back - wheeled bag vs backpack Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I suffer with awful back pain & find it hard to carry a backpack with books, files & a laptop.

I am going to be studying law at uni starting in spetmeber. So lots of heavy books! 😢😢😢

I have seen some wheeled laptop bags/cases online that have room for everything including laptop books files & more.

Do many students at uni use bags with wheels? Will I look ridiculous on campus if i use a wheeled case instead of a backpack?

Thanks
    Elle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sels22)
    Hi,

I suffer with awful back pain & find it hard to carry a backpack with books, files & a laptop.

I am going to be studying law at uni starting in spetmeber. So lots of heavy books! 😢😢😢

I have seen some wheeled laptop bags/cases online that have room for everything including laptop books files & more.

Do many students at uni use bags with wheels? Will I look ridiculous on campus if i use a wheeled case instead of a backpack?

Thanks
    Elle
    It isn't common to see students with suitcases or bags with wheels for their books. Honestly, you shouldn't need to carry many books each day as you should only have one or two lectures maximum per day on a law course. Plus, a lot of the resources can be found at the library, negating the need to carry most books.

On the other hand, just because not many people wheel their stuff around campus, don't let that put you off if that is what you want/need! At uni nobody really cares what other people are doing and you shouldn't care what people think either

Llama

ReputationRep:
    Seen many using wheeled bags at Uni and even overseas students using shopping trollies to carry their stuff in. To be honest, don't think anyone cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLawLlama)
    It isn't common to see students with suitcases or bags with wheels for their books. Honestly, you shouldn't need to carry many books each day as you should only have one or two lectures maximum per day on a law course. Plus, a lot of the resources can be found at the library, negating the need to carry most books.

On the other hand, just because not many people wheel their stuff around campus, don't let that put you off if that is what you want/need! At uni nobody really cares what other people are doing and you shouldn't care what people think either

Llama
    I see, that is helpful, thank you very much!
    Maybe I will see how I get on with a backpack first & if it gets too painful then I can get a bag with wheels

Thank you Llama made me feel at ease about the amount of stuff needing to be carried 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulcompaq)
    Seen many using wheeled bags at Uni and even overseas students using shopping trollies to carry their stuff in. To be honest, don't think anyone cares.
    Thats very helpful thanks so much Paul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sels22)
    I see, that is helpful, thank you very much!
    Maybe I will see how I get on with a backpack first & if it gets too painful then I can get a bag with wheels

Thank you Llama made me feel at ease about the amount of stuff needing to be carried 😂😂
    No problem 😂 I, too, feared I would be lugging a ton of books around campus before I joined uni, but it really wasn't that bad! Most days I would have a couple of textbooks and my laptop, with the rest of my resources being found online or in the library

Llama

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.