Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a student nurse and I have fallen for a consultant surgeon, HELP ME!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applesforme)
    He isn't out of your league, he's a man you're a woman, you are equals. But this sounds like a crush that's got quite intense.You don't actually seem to know much about him so isn't this all just in your imagination? It's not like you've really connected and can talk to each other for hours...I know crushes can be intense but I think it will pass when you meet someone you actually talk to and have a good time with.
    Yeah a very intense crush. It's gotten out of hand lol. I know this may sound weird but I end up disliking guys if I don't see the similar qualities as my crush. It actually makes things worse a s I begin to crush harder because I see the most as the ultimate. Oh I'm messed up. Sighhh 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by araask17)
    Yeah you're right people are more complex IRL. I guess I only see the qualities which I would like in my "perfect" match.

Can't believe I still havent watched GoT lol
    OMG get it done. I now have weird crushes on all sorts of people

You will get your silver fox one day- but for now enjoy being around people without creaky knees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    We've all been there. My first serious crush was on the male singer at the Moulin Rouge; Steve from Las Vegas. I was 19 and he must have been nearly 40. He was so handsome. He looked just like Clark Gable. He had the most dynamic personality, and I was at a few parties when he was also there. His personality was electric and he just lit up the room. He was about 6FT 2 and had also been a top male model, modelling for British Vogue magazine. He was also gay. Very gay. I spent my entire year at the Moulin Rouge sighing and drooling over him, and lamenting the cruelty of my falling for someone who would never, ever be interested in me. The only way I got over him was by meeting someone else.

Thanks for sharing your own experience. If I find out he's married, gay, has kids etc I will find it easier to stop crushing. Fingers crossed something works out for me. X

ReputationRep:
    Hey you shouldn't feel inferior at all, nursing is an amazing profession so you have done well. Is there anywhere that you could strike up conversation with him like the canteen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friffinghell)
    OMG get it done. I now have weird crushes on all sorts of people

You will get your silver fox one day- but for now enjoy being around people without creaky knees
    Where can I watch it? Is it on Netflix?

OMG 😂😂 I laughed for a minute straight. LOL!!!
    I wishhh. Hopefully I'll be over him soon, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Where can I watch it? Is it on Netflix?

OMG 😂😂 I laughed for a minute straight. LOL!!!
    I wishhh. Hopefully I'll be over him soon, hopefully.
    NowTV I think... someone on here will have a stream though.

A friend of mine is 28 and she is dating a guy who is 59- he is gorgeous and v. talented plus tonnes of fun to be around. But we were coming home from a night out a few weeks ago on the last train home and he fell asleep. Some guys sat behind us and were like "Hey girls is your Dad ok, do you need us to call anyone?"

We laughed soooo hard. Luckily he is a good sport so makes a joke of it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycatlady1991)
    Hey you shouldn't feel inferior at all, nursing is an amazing profession so you have done well. Is there anywhere that you could strike up conversation with him like the canteen?

Thanks and yes it really is. 😄Xx
    Eventhough I know this but sometimes i do feel inferior because the doctors, especially the junior doctors, seem really snobby and look down on us student nurses.

He hardly goes to the canteen so not possible. - I need to get over him real fast haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friffinghell)
    NowTV I think... someone on here will have a stream though.

A friend of mine is 28 and she is dating a guy who is 59- he is gorgeous and v. talented plus tonnes of fun to be around. But we were coming home from a night out a few weeks ago on the last train home and he fell asleep. Some guys sat behind us and were like "Hey girls is your Dad ok, do you need us to call anyone?"

We laughed soooo hard. Luckily he is a good sport so makes a joke of it too.

THAnks I'll have a look. <3

I'm laughing just by reading this and imagining it. LOOL!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student nurse and I have fallen quite badly for the consultant doctor, who I may add is a silver fox. I have never spoken to him and neither will I ever be able to since he is really one of top surgeons in the entire hospital.

I am abit ashamed that I like someone almost twice my own age and that he may be married with kids. I don't want anything from my feelings for him but I want to sort of end it here. I'm going crazy thinking about him as soon as I wake up or before I sleep or when I'm doing a task. He's literally on my mind 24/7 but he doesn't even know me.

I fell for him when I saw him looked at my name badge... I had butterflies as I got to see just how gorgeous he was. He's really one of the most handsome doctors I've come across.

Long story short, he doesn't even know me, I see him in the hospital and it's super awkward when we walk past eachother (atleast for me anyway because my heart is going crazy.)
    ONCE We had a small eye contact and I kept smiling and it seemed as though he smiled just a little bit although I can't be certain because I couldn't look him in the face for more than a few seconds as my heart started going crazy and I felt an adrenaline rush as well as my morning became beautiful.
    Sigh.

What do I do? I want to stop liking him because in the end I know I won't have anything. He's too way out of my league.

Someone please help me. I am losing it. I've never felt this strongly about an older man.

EDIT: to those commenting stuff such a short "is this from xyz drama" or "send this to xyz drama writers" PLEASE STOP. :'( I'm being honest and I would appreciate actual advice.
    If you need advice I'M THE BEST PERSON THERE IS!
    So let me get this straight, you wanna bang him or ride whatever you prefer but then you don't wanna do it cause he has kids and a happy family. Well choose one or the other, BTW THE MAN DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YOU. If your gonna BANG HIM AT LEAST SPEAK TO THE GUY!

ReputationRep:
    Get your best uniform on, arrange a transfer to his operating theatre and flirt outrageously. Unless of course he's taken (which must be quite likely) when it would be best to adopt a plenty more fish in the NHS strategy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.