Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My parents ruined my life Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    To start with im 22 yearr old girl and im a muslim. My parents are'nt bad people, they just dont know boundries and they thinl its their god given right to do whatever they want with their kids. I lived in london till i was eleven my life was fine until we moved to saudi arabia, from that point came the torture

. My dad would want me to be the best and when i got something wrong he would hit me. His favourate way was with the laptop charger though he used other methods like branches or hitting my head aganst the wall, slapping and threatning to kill me. But to him thats just parenting. At ramadan he would make us learn quran and thats fine, but on the night before eid he would wait for us to put our henna on our feet so we cant run then he would test us and beat the hell out of you if you didnt know it. The day of eid is worse its constent hitting and then when hes tired he says "hey lets go to the funfair" the worst part my mom always cheered him on. I used to wish a car would hit him on his way home. I know, sounds awfull, but i couldnt help it. I always had a weight problem, so he would physically and mentally punish me for that. He locked us in the house. The only plase were allowd to go is school. I dont even buy my own underwear. That was till i was sixteen then it got worse.

We moved to there home land somalia, he took me out of school and locked us up i only went out to go to the hospital or the dentist. A few months later he got me engaged to a man i never met or seen or even knew his name. 2 years later he shipped me off to him(he lived in london) and 3 months later the guy diforces me so my parents took me home. I didnt know how to comunicate with peoplei never met that many so i would breakdown trying to buy meat. I didnt know any somali so my husband and i couldnt comunicate. 3 years later he got me maried again to a guy i dont love and having a baby i dont want. I wanted to be a doctor but now i'm nothing. I love my parents but they ruined my life.

ReputationRep:
    X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mightlobster)
    You love your parents, yet you wished death upon them? Okay.

It's a very bad situation for you. I can't do anything but sympathise over this god forsaken website. I wish you the very best. May Allah give you a way out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First off that such a sh*t reply considering what the girl had said happened to her.

Lugain if you feel unsafe in any way contact any of these:
    https://www.supportline.org.uk/probl..._marriages.php
    [email protected]
    Telephone: 020 7008 0151
    From overseas: +44 (0)20 7008 0151
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Out of hours: 020 7008 1500 (ask for the Global Response Centre)

What your dad is doing is completely wrong and you should not have to suffer regardless of what anyone says, try see if theres anybody you trust to talk to about this situation to try get out of it safely.

wow no one should have to be treated like that. why don't you just move out and do something with your life going to uni for example. is this still going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filmaker)
    First off that such a sh*t reply considering what the girl had said happened to her.

[email protected]

What your dad is doing is completely wrong and you should not have to suffer regardless of what anyone says, try see if theres anybody you trust to talk to about this situation to try get out of it safely.
    It's the best I can give/do.

I don't have any contacts like you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lugain)
    To start with im 22 yearr old girl and im a muslim. My parents are'nt bad people, they just dont know boundries and they thinl its their god given right to do whatever they want with their kids. I lived in london till i was eleven my life was fine until we moved to saudi arabia, from that point came the torture

. My dad would want me to be the best and when i got something wrong he would hit me. His favourate way was with the laptop charger though he used other methods like branches or hitting my head aganst the wall, slapping and threatning to kill me. But to him thats just parenting. At ramadan he would make us learn quran and thats fine, but on the night before eid he would wait for us to put our henna on our feet so we cant run then he would test us and beat the hell out of you if you didnt know it. The day of eid is worse its constent hitting and then when hes tired he says "hey lets go to the funfair" the worst part my mom always cheered him on. I used to wish a car would hit him on his way home. I know, sounds awfull, but i couldnt help it. I always had a weight problem, so he would physically and mentally punish me for that. He locked us in the house. The only plase were allowd to go is school. I dont even buy my own underwear. That was till i was sixteen then it got worse.

We moved to there home land somalia, he took me out of school and locked us up i only went out to go to the hospital or the dentist. A few months later he got me engaged to a man i never met or seen or even knew his name. 2 years later he shipped me off to him(he lived in london) and 3 months later the guy diforces me so my parents took me home. I didnt know how to comunicate with peoplei never met that many so i would breakdown trying to buy meat. I didnt know any somali so my husband and i couldnt comunicate. 3 years later he got me maried again to a guy i dont love and having a baby i dont want. I wanted to be a doctor but now i'm nothing. I love my parents but they ruined my life.
    I'm a troll but you should have reported this, nah?
    Ever since you started getting hit ( with a laptop charger HOLY SH1T WHAT A CHOICE, sorry) you should have moved away. Also, you should have reported the marriage stuff and some way they wouldn't legally be allowed to hurt you.
    Sorry to hear it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filmaker)

[email protected]

There is someone who actually gave good advice! But to the original poster, you live in a toxic environment, we can show you things to do but it's up to you to do it. You help yourself and we help to tell you what to do. Hopefully things turn out all good for you don't stop believing! Btw that other person who posted before you who you quoted really is a total ****.

ReputationRep:
    You love your parents, yet you wished death upon them? Okay.

It's a very bad situation for you. I can't do anything but sympathise over this god forsaken website. I wish you the very best. May Allah give you a way out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems like Mr Allah wasn't around for this girl. But then, that's what happens when you have religion and outdated customs forced on you as a child. From personal experience, being religious means you can do what you want with your child, when you want and how you want and there is very little help around for circumstances such as the OP.
    To the OP - your parents haven't ruined your life. You are still young and you have to make a life for yourself and that with no help from your parents. Find help where you can get it and get out of that toxic environment. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lugain)

Hey there, I'm sorry you had to go through that with your parents :sad:
    What your dad does, is nothing what religion teaches us. Nowhere in the Quran is it mentioned that you're responsible if your child can't read Quran. Parents are not supposed to be hitting their children like that. Religion is supposed to be natural with a gentle guidance. And it is forbidden in Islam to marry off your child forcefully. In fact it is Haraam and a great sin.

I do not live in the UK so I don't know what helplines there are, but I see some other users have posted a few helpline numbers. Please give them a call and remove yourself from your family. You deserve better :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelDeol)
    There is someone who actually gave good advice! But to the original poster, you live in a toxic environment, we can show you things to do but it's up to you to do it. You help yourself and we help to tell you what to do. Hopefully things turn out all good for you don't stop believing! Btw that other person who posted before you who you quoted really is a total ****.
    Sorry, what?

Your reply is just as bad as mine. You're stating the absolute obvious.

At least, the other person gave some contacts along with some good advice.

Prick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what?

Your reply is just as bad as mine. You're stating the absolute obvious. You're in no position to call me a "****".

At least, the other person gave some contacts along with some good advice. You're just sitting behind your computer screen telling OP "It's all going to be okay".

Prick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.