Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm starting History at Southampton as well, I'm also in the same boat as far as trying to decide what to do with Freshers week. I'm usually as social as a Didgeridoo so thats easier said then done but the comedy club looks interesting as does the Cards Against Humanity pub event. Do you need tickets for the Bunfight stuff though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradstev14)
    Hey, I'm starting History at Southampton as well, I'm also in the same boat as far as trying to decide what to do with Freshers week. I'm usually as social as a Didgeridoo so thats easier said then done but the comedy club looks interesting as does the Cards Against Humanity pub event. Do you need tickets for the Bunfight stuff though?
    I'm a fresher at Southampton too! Can anyone recommend whether its worth buying tickets in advance and how many? Obviously I don't want to be the only one in my flat without tickets to an event but dont want to waste money either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradstev14)
    Yeah I'm just as social, was thinking of the comedy evening and the murder mystery evening at a push. To be honest with you most of the union events seem unappealing to me but maybe that'll change when I get there. I'm hoping I'll find more to do with flatmates and societies.

I don't think you need tickets for the bunfight, I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be stalls/stands during the day which you can just go along to.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not massively social and have never been clubbing before. Will just go with the flow, if clubbing isn't for me, there are other things and I have lots in mind :yep:
    V excited to start

(Original post by TheMoon)
    Yeah I'm just as social, was thinking of the comedy evening and the murder mystery evening at a push. To be honest with you most of the union events seem unappealing to me but maybe that'll change when I get there. I'm hoping I'll find more to do with flatmates and societies.

I don't think you need tickets for the bunfight, I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be stalls/stands during the day which you can just go along to.
    They sound great, we should go :yep:
    I didn't think you needed to buy tickets. Went to the uni yesterday and heard nothing of the sorts, but bunfight was mentioned as being good!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be a post grad starting in September and I want to know if the other new post grads normally join in on the fresher evening events - don't want to be the only one buying the master pass.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.