The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

freshers week

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm starting History at Southampton as well, I'm also in the same boat as far as trying to decide what to do with Freshers week. I'm usually as social as a Didgeridoo so thats easier said then done but the comedy club looks interesting as does the Cards Against Humanity pub event. Do you need tickets for the Bunfight stuff though?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by bradstev14
Hey, I'm starting History at Southampton as well, I'm also in the same boat as far as trying to decide what to do with Freshers week. I'm usually as social as a Didgeridoo so thats easier said then done but the comedy club looks interesting as does the Cards Against Humanity pub event. Do you need tickets for the Bunfight stuff though?

I'm a fresher at Southampton too! Can anyone recommend whether its worth buying tickets in advance and how many? Obviously I don't want to be the only one in my flat without tickets to an event but dont want to waste money either.
Original post by bradstev14

Yeah I'm just as social, was thinking of the comedy evening and the murder mystery evening at a push. To be honest with you most of the union events seem unappealing to me but maybe that'll change when I get there. I'm hoping I'll find more to do with flatmates and societies.

I don't think you need tickets for the bunfight, I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be stalls/stands during the day which you can just go along to.
Not massively social and have never been clubbing before. Will just go with the flow, if clubbing isn't for me, there are other things and I have lots in mind :yep:
V excited to start :colondollar:

Original post by TheMoon
Yeah I'm just as social, was thinking of the comedy evening and the murder mystery evening at a push. To be honest with you most of the union events seem unappealing to me but maybe that'll change when I get there. I'm hoping I'll find more to do with flatmates and societies.

I don't think you need tickets for the bunfight, I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be stalls/stands during the day which you can just go along to.

They sound great, we should go :yep:
I didn't think you needed to buy tickets. Went to the uni yesterday and heard nothing of the sorts, but bunfight was mentioned as being good!
Reply 24
I'm going to be a post grad starting in September and I want to know if the other new post grads normally join in on the fresher evening events - don't want to be the only one buying the master pass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending