Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Law A-Level Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping on doing law a level next year and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to prepare for it, and what I can do over the summer that will help me when I am doing the course?
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by sophie_2000)
    I'm hoping on doing law a level next year and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to prepare for it, and what I can do over the summer that will help me when I am doing the course?
    Thanks
    Hi

I would suggest the following.

1. Have a good holiday and relax. Its important when you start your studies you are refreshed and not fatigued from your GCSE.

2. Possibly get a job so you can earn money to pay for any student essentials. If you have money then you dont have to worry later on if you need to buy a book etc.

3. If you have to then find out from your teacher what the modules are for first year i.e Legal System, Criminal, Contract or Tort.

Then buy either one or both of the revision textbooks for your exam board and start to look over the material. Just get used to the way problem questions are answered. Dont try too hard though as its hard to learn a new subject by yourself and imo you wont get that much benefit. Just work consistently in year 12 so you know the material have good notes and dont fall behind.

Beyond that you will have more than enough work when the time comes, so really just enjoy your holiday.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Hi Sophie! I don't know much about this subject, but I'll move your thread over to the Law study help section to help you get more replies

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Hi Sophie,

Honestly it is probably best to just relax over summer, having worked hard all year! However, if you really are interested in doing some preliminary reading, find out what topics are being covered and try and find some study guides or online resources to help you out

I've just graduated from my law degree so feel free to inbox me if you need some help or advice!

Llama

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.