Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is he sending confusing messages? Watch

Announcements

There was a guy who wanted to be friends with benefits, and I tried but developed feelings for him and wanted to know if he would be interested in a relationship.

He came out with all sorts of excuses like he didn't want one at the moment, he had attachment issues, he wasn't over his ex etc.

Then he said to me that when he was ready to have a relationship in the future 'maybe it would be with me, maybe not, he couldn't say.'

Then in another breath he said 'I see you more as a good friend.'

I find him very confusing and don't understand the 'maybe/maybe not thing.'

Am I wasting my time with him? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yh guess he's just in there for pussy, that's the motivive. Can't blame him really, he pounced on the opportunity. Don't be gullible tell him " LOOK JUST FCK OF BEFORE I KICK THE SH1T INTO YOU" then he'll understand. Hey if you wanna throw a right hook with that line then go ahead. It always works for me. But I did get arrested for a day. BUT GO FOR THAT!

ReputationRep:
    He just wants sex

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wouldn't waste my time with someone like him unless you were okay with the friends with benefit and don't want to be in a relationship either.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's clearly obvious that he just has sex on his mind and that you shouldn't expect this to change. He is saying that he may be with you in the future just to keep you around. No matter what his reasons might be, you are wasting your time if you want a serious relationship. If you're comfortable just being friends with benefits, have at it. But don't get too attached or invested.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Soz gurl you is on the hook. He just dere for da pussy. Stop whatevs arrangement you hav wit him and find someone who values u

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't given mixed messages at all. It started fwb
    You asked. He said no and gave you all his reasons why not.
    When you pushed it he said maybe, maybe not
    That is him just trying to be kind because you didn't accept no first time round
    It's not going to happen

thanks for the replies. I did accept it, I told him i accepted that we were friends but that I couldn't carry on because I had feelings.. and I asked him if there might be any possibility in the future and he told me this 'maybe/maybe not' thing.. but yeah I doubt it will happen and im trying to move on now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.