Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seamoon)
    As I said earlier-I don't mind if someone has different religion or race. The thing is that some cultures don't want to asimilate and they won't treat you right cause they are not tolerant. Muslims may be tolerant, but some of them are not. The same is with British people and the same is with Americans or with any different nation. People are different but I'm not gonna take a risk and let myself thinking-maybe I will end up in a borough with friendly Muslims, or maybe I will end up with extremists.
    Gosh, people, is this really weird that someone doesn't want to be in the environment where 90% of people is from different religion/culture? London is surely multicultural, but some boroughs are like the fragment of totally different country and I don't want to be in those boroughs, because I have my reasons.
    In my opinion you are being perfectly reasonable. I have seen a number of threads on university forums from Muslim individuals who are asking if there are any other Muslims out there who would like to do a "Muslim-only" flat share.. why? Because they do not want to live with non-Muslims clearly, but no one says anything... all of a sudden if it's the other way around you get hammered..

ReputationRep:
    I noticed the south and north east are getting hate on here and whilst there are parts with serious crime this is the same throughout all London boroughs. North east London is in fact fairly safe as long as you don't live on or hang around the estates (which I suppose would be a rule you'd apply to anywhere). Wanstead, FG, Walthamstow and parts of Plaistow all have reasonable rents for one bed flats although nothing for under £900 I wouldn't imagine, and they all have great transport links and a nice vibe (although you'd have to be sensible and not walk around alone at night in estate areas). South east is even better and more family friendly (implying it's safe); I'd personally recommend the area around the docklands near Surrey Water as its all been gentrified and is nice and safe now (not sure about prices though- probs on the more expensive side). Stabbings are unfortunately becoming a byproduct of London life and happen in all boroughs because knife crime is becoming endemic in London, so don't let "my mate got stabbed there" deter you from an area because the sad truth is that stabbings seem to be happening all over London at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    In my opinion you are being perfectly reasonable. I have seen a number of threads on university forums from Muslim individuals who are asking if there are any other Muslims out there who would like to do a "Muslim-only" flat share.. why? Because they do not want to live with non-Muslims clearly, but no one says anything... all of a sudden if it's the other way around you get hammered..
    Lol really, this political correctness is so sick. Should we pretend that majority of Muslims is tolerant and want to asimilate with non-Muslims? If we do, that would be a huge lie lol xD And as you are saying-the sad thing is that Muslim would be able to say that, but if you are doing it in the other way for some people you have wrong views and you are not aware how multicultural London is!!! omg
    If London were multicultural just because of Muslims, I would understand those comments, but Muslims are not the only different culture there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    There has been a huge surge in acid attacks in London.... on ethnic minorities. Resham Khan and her cousin spread their story all over social media, as well as photos of the white man who did it, and is very well known in the area. Did the police bother to go track him down and find him? No. He turned himself in 2 weeks later after seeing all the articles about himself.

5 London mosques were sent threatening letters on the same day.

2 white men drove past a Muslim woman outside a mosque, and threw a bucket of water on her, in an attempt to imitate the acid attacks and create more fear.

A white man hired a van specifically to drive into worshippers outside Finsbury Park Mosque after evening prayers. He killed 2 people, and yet the Imam still protected him from those trying to hurt him.

This has all happened in the last month.

I'm sure if a church received threatening letters, or if a white man had acid thrown onto him, you would have heard all about it.

Please tell me more about how ethnic minorities are committing crimes against you.
    People like you are the reason why ethnic minorities don't feel safe in London anymore. You are the problem, not them.
    More lies from a lying, privileged leftie, who no doubt lives in a rich, white area. Spend a day in areas like Bradford, Rotherham, Rochdale, Oldham or Hackney and you'll see how much they hate us and our country. Every non-white I've ever met (And I've had the misfortune of meeting many) has been rude and full of hatred.

ReputationRep:
    There has been a huge surge in acid attacks in London.... on ethnic minorities. Resham Khan and her cousin spread their story all over social media, as well as photos of the white man who did it, and is very well known in the area. Did the police bother to go track him down and find him? No. He turned himself in 2 weeks later after seeing all the articles about himself.

5 London mosques were sent threatening letters on the same day.

2 white men drove past a Muslim woman outside a mosque, and threw a bucket of water on her, in an attempt to imitate the acid attacks and create more fear.

A white man hired a van specifically to drive into worshippers outside Finsbury Park Mosque after evening prayers. He killed 2 people, and yet the Imam still protected him from those trying to hurt him.

This has all happened in the last month.

I'm sure if a church received threatening letters, or if a white man had acid thrown onto him, you would have heard all about it.

Please tell me more about how ethnic minorities are committing crimes against you.
    People like you are the reason why ethnic minorities don't feel safe in London anymore. You are the problem, not them.
    Don't you even start talking about this. You can tell me small numbers about muslims who were attacked by nationalists, but then I can tell you a huge numbers of victims who died in terrorist attacks. Are you really surprised that these things occured? I'm not telling that this is right and it's justified. It's WRONG and awful. But please, be objective. Muslims are guests here, but still they don't want to asimilate, some of them are even resentful by the fact that European country doesn't want to enter a Sharia Law. I'm walking in the Paris and I see more women in burkas than a French. Anyway... European Muslims are not even a problem themselves. I can tell you what is the real problem and why I don't want to live in a Muslim borough-you can defend those who act like normal people, but how about illegal ''''refugees'' (who came from the countries without a war, wow what a poor, economic immigrants) which almost all of them are also Muslims? They also live in Muslim boroughs, they are also Muslim brothers. But most of them are young men, who are rapist, agressive and generally they act like people who spend their whole life in the jungle. Are you telling me that I should change my views and with a big smile go to the borough where is the bigger possibility that I can live next to them? Maybe you should do that by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    It's overcrowded yes, you can't go into a coffee shop without queuing for 30 minutes. No one talks to each other. It's stupidly expensive and massively overrated in my opinion - there are far superior places to live in the UK that provide a higher quality of life if you don't have millions of pounds to spare.
    Okay! that's my case hahaha I don't have millions of pounds, which cities you recommend in England? I'm applying to different unis and I'm considering the city and the programme of course.. for the moment I'm applying to nottingham trent and manchester met.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TagridS)
    Okay! that's my case hahaha I don't have millions of pounds, which cities you recommend in England? I'm applying to different unis and I'm considering the city and the programme of course.. for the moment I'm applying to nottingham trent and manchester met.
    Haha, not many people do have millions to spare! :P Nottingham and Manchester are good cities to live in. I'd also recommend Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, and Portsmouth as other good places to live in England.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you even start talking about this. You can tell me small numbers about muslims who were attacked by nationalists, but then I can tell you a huge numbers of victims who died in terrorist attacks. Are you really surprised that these things occured? I'm not telling that this is right and it's justified. It's WRONG and awful. But please, be objective. Muslims are guests here, but still they don't want to asimilate, some of them are even resentful by the fact that European country doesn't want to enter a Sharia Law. I'm walking in the Paris and I see more women in burkas than a French. Anyway... European Muslims are not even a problem themselves. I can tell you what is the real problem and why I don't want to live in a Muslim borough-you can defend those who act like normal people, but how about illegal ''''refugees'' (who came from the countries without a war, wow what a poor, economic immigrants) which almost all of them are also Muslims? They also live in Muslim boroughs, they are also Muslim brothers. But most of them are young men, who are rapist, agressive and generally they act like people who spend their whole life in the jungle. Are you telling me that I should change my views and with a big smile go to the borough where is the bigger possibility that I can live next to them? Maybe you should do that by yourself?
    "Small numbers"?
    Are you aware that nearly 90% of criminals in the UK are white....
    Are you aware that Islamophobic attacks in London increased by 70% in 2015?
    Are you aware that hate crimes against Muslims in London went up by 500% to 54 crimes being reported a day in June 2017?

And did you know that the victims of these attacks have all been innocent Muslims who have nothing to do with the extremism or terrorism that people like you are raging on about?

Maybe I should also point out to you that the largest foreign population in the UK is made of Poles, not refugees or Muslims.

Oh, and the burka has been banned in France since 2014, so what you've said here is a lie: "I'm walking in the Paris and I see more women in burkas than a French."

Now that you've been educated, please go spew your burning hatred for Muslims elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    "Small numbers"?
    Are you aware that hate crimes against Muslims in London went up by 500% to 54 crimes being reported a day in June 2017?

And did you know that the victims of these attacks have all been innocent Muslims who have nothing to do with the extremism or terrorism that people like you are raging on about?

Maybe I should also point out to you that the largest foreign population in the UK is made of Poles, not refugees or Muslims.

Oh, and the burka has been banned in France since 2014, so what you've said here is a lie: "I'm walking in the Paris and I see more women in burkas than a French."

Now that you've been educated, please go spew your burning hatred for Muslims elsewhere.
    Just because you are throwing with numbers, doesn't mean that you educate anyone. If you consider what I'm saying as the hate speech, you probably really don't know what hate means. I feel sorry for brain washed people like you. I can tell you 1000 times that I have nothing against Muslims, but you will still consider me as racist and rude, just because I don't want to live in a Muslim borough. XD Asians who keep up only with Asians are also racist for you? Isn't normal that people want to live with others who are similar to them? You are annoying af, I don't even want to reply anymore for your shitposting, first learn how to read with an understanding, later you can try to ''educate'' people.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you are throwing with numbers, doesn't mean that you educate anyone. If you consider what I'm saying as the hate speech, you probably really don't know what hate means. I feel sorry for brain washed people like you. I can tell you 1000 times that I have nothing against Muslims, but you will still consider me as racist and rude, just because I don't want to live in a Muslim borough. XD Asians who keep up only with Asians are also racist for you? Isn't that normal that people want to live with others who are similar to them? You are annoying af, I don't even want to reply anymore for your shitposting, first learn how to read with an understanding, later you can try to ''educate'' people.
    I feel sorry for the Muslims and ethnic minorities who will have to live next door to a racist like you in London.
    The facts and figures are there. Your decision to ignore them just shows how uneducated you are.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the Muslims and ethnic minorities who will have to live next door to a racist like you in London.
    The facts and figures are there. Your decision to ignore them just shows how uneducated you are.
    Yeah, I'm so racist thus I feel sorry for them too XD Bye

ReputationRep:
    How is the OP racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwaway740)
    How is the OP racist?
    I am a racist because I'm not dreaming about living in a borough where the majority of inhabitants is Muslim. How can I be such a bad person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwaway740)
    How is the OP racist?
    seamoon

"Don't you even start talking about this. You can tell me small numbers about muslims who were attacked by nationalists, but then I can tell you a huge numbers of victims who died in terrorist attacks. Are you really surprised that these things occured? I'm not telling that this is right and it's justified. It's WRONG and awful. But please, be objective. Muslims are guests here, but still they don't want to asimilate, some of them are even resentful by the fact that European country doesn't want to enter a Sharia Law. I'm walking in the Paris and I see more women in burkas than a French. Anyway... European Muslims are not even a problem themselves. I can tell you what is the real problem and why I don't want to live in a Muslim borough-you can defend those who act like normal people, but how about illegal ''''refugees'' (who came from the countries without a war, wow what a poor, economic immigrants) which almost all of them are also Muslims? They also live in Muslim boroughs, they are also Muslim brothers. But most of them are young men, who are rapist, agressive and generally they act like people who spend their whole life in the jungle. Are you telling me that I should change my views and with a big smile go to the borough where is the bigger possibility that I can live next to them? Maybe you should do that by yourself?"

There are some of your racist comments. Also, have you ever considered that perhaps there wouldn't be any refugees if your country stopped bombing theirs?

Please stop asking me to explain why you are a racist, and an Islamophobe. You have said plenty of offensive things in thread and I have reported you.

ReputationRep:
    seamoon

"Don't you even start talking about this. You can tell me small numbers about muslims who were attacked by nationalists, but then I can tell you a huge numbers of victims who died in terrorist attacks. Are you really surprised that these things occured? I'm not telling that this is right and it's justified. It's WRONG and awful. But please, be objective. Muslims are guests here, but still they don't want to asimilate, some of them are even resentful by the fact that European country doesn't want to enter a Sharia Law. I'm walking in the Paris and I see more women in burkas than a French. Anyway... European Muslims are not even a problem themselves. I can tell you what is the real problem and why I don't want to live in a Muslim borough-you can defend those who act like normal people, but how about illegal ''''refugees'' (who came from the countries without a war, wow what a poor, economic immigrants) which almost all of them are also Muslims? They also live in Muslim boroughs, they are also Muslim brothers. But most of them are young men, who are rapist, agressive and generally they act like people who spend their whole life in the jungle. Are you telling me that I should change my views and with a big smile go to the borough where is the bigger possibility that I can live next to them? Maybe you should do that by yourself?"

There are some of your racist comments. Also, have you ever considered that perhaps there wouldn't be any refugees if your country stopped bombing theirs?

Please stop asking me to explain why you are a racist, and an Islamophobe. You have said plenty of offensive things in thread and I have reported you.
    Why are you not marking words like: "I'm not telling that this is right and it's justified. It's WRONG and awful." or where I wrote about illegal immigrants? Wtf, my country bombing theirs? How do you even know where am I from?
    Anyway... I think that you have to be a really sad person who is struggling with a real racist in everyday life. Right now you are sensitive and you are looking for a hate in a regular opinions. I feel sorry for you so I can't even be angry for reporting me. If this is what you felt is right...Okay. The only thing that I can do is wishing you more happy life, without real hates.

ReputationRep:
    I think you know exactly why some Muslims would state a preference for "Muslims only" flat shares. What do most students do in halls? They drink, they have parties. Why should they share a flat with people who are living a lifestyle that makes their own life difficult?

Having a preference for a flat share with 3 or 4 other people is perfectly acceptable. You might not want to share a flat with a Muslim because you don't want to share your kitchen utensils with those using Halal meat.
    But moving to the most diverse city in the world and saying you want to avoid a whole borough because of Muslims and ethnic minorities.... that is racist behaviour. You can't avoid a whole population based on your racist assumptions.

A flat share with 3 or 4 people is not the same as living in a borough, with 1000s of Muslims and ethnic minorities.

ReputationRep:
    "Small numbers"?

~90% of criminals are white because the majority of the UK population is white so that doesn't really tell us anything.

Are you aware that a 2011 study by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre looked at the 2,379 potential offenders caught grooming girls since 2008. Of 940 suspects whose race could be identified, 26% were Asian, 38% were white and 32% were recorded as unknown. Asians approx. make up around 7% of the UK population so they are vastly overrepresented in crimes of grooming.

I'm just stating facts from a report, I'm not being racist. But we need to move past this idea of Muslims always being the victim and never the perpetrator. It's not helpful for either side.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you not marking words like: "I'm not telling that this is right and it's justified. It's WRONG and awful." or where I wrote about illegal immigrants? Wtf, my country bombing theirs? How do you even know where am I from?
    Anyway... I think that you have to be a really sad person who is struggling with a real racist in everyday life. Right now you are sensitive and you are looking for a hate in a regular opinions. I feel sorry for you so I can't even be angry for reporting me. If this is what you felt is right...Okay. The only thing that I can do is wishing you more happy life, without real hates.
    Sorry, are you saying that you're not a White English Christian? Are you an immigrant? Complaining about living with other immigrants? The irony.

Any. London is pissing expensive

ReputationRep:
    ~90% of criminals are white because the majority of the UK population is white so that doesn't really tell us anything.

Are you aware that a 2011 study by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre looked at the 2,379 potential offenders caught grooming girls since 2008. Of 940 suspects whose race could be identified, 26% were Asian, 38% were white and 32% were recorded as unknown. Asians approx. make up around 7% of the UK population so they are vastly overrepresented in crimes of grooming.

I'm just stating facts from a report, I'm not being racist. But we need to move past this idea of Muslims always being the victim and never the perpetrator. It's not helpful for either side.
    I will say the same to you. We need to move past this idea of white Christians always being the victim and never the perpetrator. It's not helpful for either side.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.