Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the Business study coursework like? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start doing my gcses and one of my options was business. What is the coursework like honestly. What kind of tasks do you get, can it be really hard?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Depends which exam board you are with pal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With any coursework, just do what the teacher tells you to do. If you have a good teacher, they'll outline exactly what you need to do to get top marks. If you don't have a great teacher, go on the spec and look at the mark scheme. Tailor your exact piece to the mark scheme. Don't try and write anything fancy or whatever, just do what the markscheme says to do.
    My next point is a bit controversial, but a lot of people cheat in courseworks, whether it be minor things or big things. My estimate would put it at around 50% don't follow all of the rules exactly, some with even school supporting them in their cheating. If you're sure you can get away with it, feel free to use underhand methods. eg. For history coursework, technically sources can't be taken home so people can't write their stuff at home, but when the teacher left the room everyone I know (obviously not me) took pictures of the sources and just wrote the entire thing at home and either memorised it or brought it in with them and handed it in.

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing OCR, then I thought it was pretty horrible but that might've just been my *lovely* teacher. But I got near enough full marks so just listen to what your teacher has to say and make sure to use lots of primary research data.

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to take the GCSE in 2019 (i.e. you are about to start Year 10 in September) then there isn't any coursework. It is entirely assessed by exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.