The Student Room Group

Should I leave Apprenticeship

So I applied for a level 3 Network Manager Apprenticeship, to get the place I did a 2 months training at the workplace, and finally got it. But now I just hate it there, the workplace doesn't teach me much and I'm only doing their ebay packaging and taking apart laptops which doesn't help me much with knowledge. I expected things to change after taking the apprenticeship, but I'm doing the same boring stuff as I started. I'm going to be 19 in a few months, I'm not sure if I should quit and go back into college to refresh my memory or should I try apply to another apprenticeship. Opinions are welcome. I'm only about 2 months into the apprenticeship and have 10 months left but don't think I can last that long gets me depressed working there.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Requiiem
So I applied for a level 3 Network Manager Apprenticeship, to get the place I did a 2 months training at the workplace, and finally got it. But now I just hate it there, the workplace doesn't teach me much and I'm only doing their ebay packaging and taking apart laptops which doesn't help me much with knowledge. I expected things to change after taking the apprenticeship, but I'm doing the same boring stuff as I started. I'm going to be 19 in a few months, I'm not sure if I should quit and go back into college to refresh my memory or should I try apply to another apprenticeship. Opinions are welcome. I'm only about 2 months into the apprenticeship and have 10 months left but don't think I can last that long gets me depressed working there.

Sounds like leaving could be a good idea, what is it you d like to do as a job?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Sounds like leaving could be a good idea, what is it you d like to do as a job?

I was thinking of probably staying in the same job sector or do web development. I'm genuinely interested in studying the subjects but I feel like the place I work at isn't the place for me, spent nearly 4 months including the training and haven't learnt a thing expected a change once I started as an apprentice but nothing. All they make me do is pack their ebay sales and dismantle laptops. I don't want to just keep doing that for the next 10 months.
I was thinking of probably staying in the same job sector or do web development. I'm genuinely interested in studying the subjects but I feel like the place I work at isn't the place for me, spent nearly 4 months including the training and haven't learnt a thing expected a change once I started as an apprentice but nothing. All they make me do is pack their ebay sales and dismantle laptops. I don't want to just keep doing that for the next 10 months.

That's understandable, it sounds like a pretty bad apprenticeship.

How about having a word with your employers to see if they could swap your jobs around a bit more so you werent doing the same thing all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest