Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I leave Apprenticeship Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for a level 3 Network Manager Apprenticeship, to get the place I did a 2 months training at the workplace, and finally got it. But now I just hate it there, the workplace doesn't teach me much and I'm only doing their ebay packaging and taking apart laptops which doesn't help me much with knowledge. I expected things to change after taking the apprenticeship, but I'm doing the same boring stuff as I started. I'm going to be 19 in a few months, I'm not sure if I should quit and go back into college to refresh my memory or should I try apply to another apprenticeship. Opinions are welcome. I'm only about 2 months into the apprenticeship and have 10 months left but don't think I can last that long gets me depressed working there.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Requiiem)
    So I applied for a level 3 Network Manager Apprenticeship, to get the place I did a 2 months training at the workplace, and finally got it. But now I just hate it there, the workplace doesn't teach me much and I'm only doing their ebay packaging and taking apart laptops which doesn't help me much with knowledge. I expected things to change after taking the apprenticeship, but I'm doing the same boring stuff as I started. I'm going to be 19 in a few months, I'm not sure if I should quit and go back into college to refresh my memory or should I try apply to another apprenticeship. Opinions are welcome. I'm only about 2 months into the apprenticeship and have 10 months left but don't think I can last that long gets me depressed working there.
    Sounds like leaving could be a good idea, what is it you d like to do as a job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Sounds like leaving could be a good idea, what is it you d like to do as a job?
    I was thinking of probably staying in the same job sector or do web development. I'm genuinely interested in studying the subjects but I feel like the place I work at isn't the place for me, spent nearly 4 months including the training and haven't learnt a thing expected a change once I started as an apprentice but nothing. All they make me do is pack their ebay sales and dismantle laptops. I don't want to just keep doing that for the next 10 months.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of probably staying in the same job sector or do web development. I'm genuinely interested in studying the subjects but I feel like the place I work at isn't the place for me, spent nearly 4 months including the training and haven't learnt a thing expected a change once I started as an apprentice but nothing. All they make me do is pack their ebay sales and dismantle laptops. I don't want to just keep doing that for the next 10 months.
    That's understandable, it sounds like a pretty bad apprenticeship.

ReputationRep:
    How about having a word with your employers to see if they could swap your jobs around a bit more so you werent doing the same thing all the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.