Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did she give me her number only not to respond to my text? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I meet this gorgeous woman at a takeway about a week ago. I told her about the problems i had with my new job . A week in and i came into the restaurant and she turned to me and said " Oh there you are , i have been asking as i didnt see you". I explained to her that i was about to be fired before the weekend . Then i asked if she had FB. She did not , but then gave me her number and said " she does not want it to be the last time she would see me ". That evening , i was fired and sent a text to her to confirm it and she never replied .. What is the point of giving me her number only to ingore it?? why do i get that with women?..This is the second time this has happened to me

ReputationRep:
    She's probably busy so be a little patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald7770)
    She's probably busy so be a little patient.
    Iv deleted her number now.. it only takes a milisecond to send a text, not a few hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmaine45th)
    Iv deleted her number now.. it only takes a milisecond to send a text, not a few hours
    Seriously?? People have lives you know... they have work, her phone could've been off.. cos her charger broke or I DONT KNOW. I think you should stop being so impatient and think "why would she say that she doesn't want it to be the last time she sees me if she's just going to not respond for A COUPLE OF HOURS... hmm maybe there's a reason"

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?? People have lives you know... they have work, her phone could've been off.. cos her charger broke or I DONT KNOW. I think you should stop being so impatient and think "why would she say that she doesn't want it to be the last time she sees me if she's just going to not respond for A COUPLE OF HOURS... hmm maybe there's a reason"
    Hmm, you have a point..Just like her... if she didnt have kids, i will have liked to have a relationship with her

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, you have a point..Just like her... if she didnt have kids, i will have liked to have a relationship with her
    Her having kids shouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    To me it does a huge amount. I am not into bisexual women and their baggages

ReputationRep:
    To me it does a huge amount. I am not into bisexual women and their baggages
    Oh she's bisexual now? You're not interested in her so yeah you don't have to get into a relationship with her but you could just have a friendly talk with her.

ReputationRep:
    Oh she's bisexual now? You're not interested in her so yeah you don't have to get into a relationship with her but you could just have a friendly talk with her.
    Thanks Emerald.. reason why i raised this topic because it constantly happens to me from various people i meet, they OFFER to give me their number and when i text , they dont respond, so i am like, Whats the point

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Emerald.. reason why i raised this topic because it constantly happens to me from various people i meet, they OFFER to give me their number and when i text , they dont respond, so i am like, Whats the point
    No worries! Yeah don't let a couple of experiences in the past stop you from having a potentially great relationship friendwise or the other way.

ReputationRep:
    No worries! Yeah don't let a couple of experiences in the past stop you from having a potentially great relationship friendwise or the other way.
    ... i just see it as we was not suppose to be friends..dunno...

ReputationRep:
    I meet this gorgeous woman at a takeway about a week ago. I told her about the problems i had with my new job . A week in and i came into the restaurant and she turned to me and said " Oh there you are , i have been asking as i didnt see you". I explained to her that i was about to be fired before the weekend . Then i asked if she had FB. She did not , but then gave me her number and said " she does not want it to be the last time she would see me ". That evening , i was fired and sent a text to her to confirm it and she never replied .. What is the point of giving me her number only to ingore it?? why do i get that with women?..This is the second time this has happened to me
    you should have called dude

ReputationRep:
    ... i just see it as we was not suppose to be friends..dunno...
    listen if you don't want to be friends with her.. you don't have to. but in future, you should be more patient and consider the reasons why she is not responding to your text and that could be she is busy. she is a mother , after all..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New- Emperor)
    you should have called dude
    A text is close too.. besides i dont have enough credit to be calling her

ReputationRep:
    listen if you don't want to be friends with her.. you don't have to. but in future, you should be more patient and consider the reasons why she is not responding to your text and that could be she is busy. she is a mother , after all..
    Which will be a huge problem if i was going to get into things , hence why i dont want women with baggages,,but hey like you said ..i just need to move on now

ReputationRep:
    Which will be a huge problem if i was going to get into things , hence why i dont want women with baggages,,but hey like you said ..i just need to move on now
    Yeah you should just move on, good luck tho

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should just move on, good luck tho
    thx hon

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she got cold feet after thinking a little more about you not being able to hold down a job. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)
    Maybe she got cold feet after thinking a little more about you not being able to hold down a job. :P
    good one... Dork!... i thought this was a troll free forum..maybe not

ReputationRep:
    It kind of it a problem. I wouldn't want to get in a relationship with someone who hasn't kids

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.