Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help ; my team leader is acting innapropirately Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I just started a new job on Wednesday and all the staff were really nice and everything is great, and I've signed up another two shifts next Monday and Tuesday.

However this morning at 5:30am I get a call on no caller ID and i answered it and it was one of my team leaders from work and he started asking me all sorts of questions like how much I got paid; also whether distance was an issue, and then he was saying about whether I needed a room and what sort of room I wanted like king size bed ? And like all this time I was just saying to him how I was really confused as to what he was trying to ask me and so I just ended up hanging up the phone after about a min of this rather odd conversation.

He seemed ok the other day but he did mention how much he loved doing weed, however I have not mentioned to him that I need a room or anything along those lines and so why he decided to ring me this morning at such a ridiculous time is just kinda freaking me out

I tried ringing my work place so I could speak to personnel or something about him but nobody is picking up the phone.

I just don't know what to do tbh cause he's working both Monday and Tuesday as well as me and tbh I am gonna feel extremely uncomfortable around him.

ReputationRep:
    Keep trying to call HR/Personnel and raise your concerns. Is there anyone who manages your team leader who you can speak to?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a freak. Get into with seniors asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maplebee92)
    Keep trying to call HR/Personnel and raise your concerns. Is there anyone who manages your team leader who you can speak to?
    I don't have a number for HR all I have is the main number for the place, and nobody is answering. I have the email of this lady who works there but she is like on a different section so idk whether she would be able to help like idk what to do

ReputationRep:
    Update ; I emailed the lady who hired me asking for a number for personnel so hope she gets back to me asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I don't have a number for HR all I have is the main number for the place, and nobody is answering. I have the email of this lady who works there but she is like on a different section so idk whether she would be able to help like idk what to do
    Maybe you could send her a quick email raising your concerns. I don't think you can really be blamed for trying to get some help on this when he is acting in a wierd and frankly inappropriate way. She might say she can't help but knows who can, or maybe she will be able to. You shouldn't be in this kind of situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maplebee92)
    Maybe you could send her a quick email raising your concerns. I don't think you can really be blamed for trying to get some help on this when he is acting in a wierd and frankly inappropriate way. She might say she can't help but knows who can, or maybe she will be able to. You shouldn't be in this kind of situation.
    I've emailed her now so I am keeping my fingers crossed she replies to me asap so we can sort this out

ReputationRep:
    You definitely need to sort this asap.

Tbh it sounds like he got in steaming drunk and thought it was 'okay' to try initiate contact with you outside work hours, maybe trying to gauge your interest in a completely bizarre way??

Ringing up at a reasonable time asking them questions would be considered weird itself, but 5.30am????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)

Tbh it sounds like he got in steaming drunk and thought it was 'okay' to try initiate contact with you outside work hours, maybe trying to gauge your interest in a completely bizarre way??

Ringing up at a reasonable time asking them questions would be considered weird itself, but 5.30am????
    Yeh I know he smokes weed very often and also I know he starts work at 6:30am so I wouldn't be weird for him to have been awake at that time but obviously he knows I don't work at such an hour so why he thought to ring idk what he was playing out. I just find it really disturbing how after just working with him for one day I made such an impression that He wants to make contact outside of work

ReputationRep:

I don't have any other method of contact. All the numbers aren't working for the place, and ibe emailed my other person
    Idk what to do cause all the numbers aren't working and I've emailed the only contact I have but it's not really helping

ReputationRep:
    Yes that is weird to contact you after one day so formally, but generally 'normal' people don't make social and/or work calls at 5.30am lol

Unless they were short staffed and were asking you to cover someone at work.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that is weird to contact you after one day so formally, but generally 'normal' people don't make social and/or work calls at 5.30am lol

Unless they were short staffed and were asking you to cover someone at work.
    Yeh that's why I thought he called me at first

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.