Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to change your university after your first year if you don't meet the specific entry requirements. For example, I want to study computer science at uni, but I don't currently do it as an A-Level, which some universities require. If I was to a university that didn't, could I use my first year at the university as a substitute for an A-Level in computer science? or would it be better to do the A-Level my self for a year and put off going to university?
    All help would be appreciated guys, thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaspaksoy)
    Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to change your university after your first year if you don't meet the specific entry requirements. For example, I want to study computer science at uni, but I don't currently do it as an A-Level, which some universities require. If I was to a university that didn't, could I use my first year at the university as a substitute for an A-Level in computer science? or would it be better to do the A-Level my self for a year and put off going to university?
    All help would be appreciated guys, thanks.
    I can assure you that pretty much no university in this country requires CompSci A-level. If you have Maths + a few other good subjects, you're good to go.

As for whether you can switch unis, yes, I've just done that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Switching internally isn't uncommon, but they usually require you to demonstrate you meet the entrance requirements either from your initial qualifications or the content of the course you've been pursuing so far. You couldn't switch into a Maths degree after doing the first year of an English degree if you haven't done Maths at A-level for example.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.