Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New YouTube Channel! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello! If you're interested in University related videos like hauls and tips, then please check out my channel! I will also be posting videos relating to the LGBTQ+ community and maybe a few about social anxiety. My first video is already up so please check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCno...G9nCktvpJUJ0Cg
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    Hello! If you're interested in University related videos like hauls and tips, then please check out my channel! I will also be posting videos relating to the LGBTQ+ community and maybe a few about social anxiety. My first video is already up so please check it out!

Hey I'll be sure to check out your channel - how have you found managing your channel? Is it easy to learn the basics of video editing/uploading etc?

Best of luck with your channel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Hey I'll be sure to check out your channel - how have you found managing your channel? Is it easy to learn the basics of video editing/uploading etc?

Best of luck with your channel!
    I have to admit, I've only posted a couple of videos but as a Mac user, I've found editing relatively easy. Once you've figured out the basics, it's easy and I really enjoy doing it. It's also made me a lot less self conscious which is nice! Uploading's pretty simple as well, the only real issues I've encountered is dealing with big files and just how long it takes to upload a video though that may be in big part because of my internet speed. When it comes to making the videos, I really enjoy it, even if no one watches them, the thrill of putting effort into making the content and then putting it out there is brilliant! I feel proud of the work I put into the video which makes me want to make more!

Are you looking at starting a channel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you make a video on social anxiety ( like you said ) and other things to do with mental health. Like maybe a video on how to idk deal with self esteem issues? Would be quite nice
    Nice channel
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I've only posted a couple of videos but as a Mac user, I've found editing relatively easy. Once you've figured out the basics, it's easy and I really enjoy doing it. It's also made me a lot less self conscious which is nice! Uploading's pretty simple as well, the only real issues I've encountered is dealing with big files and just how long it takes to upload a video though that may be in big part because of my internet speed. When it comes to making the videos, I really enjoy it, even if no one watches them, the thrill of putting effort into making the content and then putting it out there is brilliant! I feel proud of the work I put into the video which makes me want to make more!

Are you looking at starting a channel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's great to hear your insight.

I have been thinking about it for a while, but I don't know if I'd have the time for it. I've always liked the idea of making educational videos but maybe having them animated and doing voice overs or something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald7770)
    Can you make a video on social anxiety ( like you said ) and other things to do with mental health. Like maybe a video on how to idk deal with self esteem issues? Would be quite nice
    Nice channel
    Definitely, I've struggled with social anxiety among other things for a long while now so I'll definitely be doing that. It was YouTube that made me realise I wasn't alone with it so it would be nice to give back and put my thoughts into the mix! Self-esteem is a brilliant idea, I'll put that on the list too!

Thank you :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    It's great to hear your insight.

I have been thinking about it for a while, but I don't know if I'd have the time for it. I've always liked the idea of making educational videos but maybe having them animated and doing voice overs or something along those lines
    That sounds like a brilliant idea, YouTube is used a lot by teachers nowadays so you could really help people with those videos! Do you currently do animation?

ReputationRep:

any advice on how to piss a uni lecturer off. like piss them off proper. much appreciated.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a brilliant idea, YouTube is used a lot by teachers nowadays so you could really help people with those videos! Do you currently do animation?
    Nope haha - it would mean learning everything from scratch!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, I've struggled with social anxiety among other things for a long while now so I'll definitely be doing that. It was YouTube that made me realise I wasn't alone with it so it would be nice to give back and put my thoughts into the mix! Self-esteem is a brilliant idea, I'll put that on the list too!

Thank you :jumphug:
    Aww nice response

I'll subscribe to you right now 😊 You're welcome x

ReputationRep:
    Nope haha - it would mean learning everything from scratch!
    It's certainly a skill though so it's definitely worth it! I would watch them!

ReputationRep:

I've started a channel posting really similar content https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7..._as=subscriber

I love your channel, any advice or tips on growing my channel and how to improve?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.