Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I was looking at booking to do my skills tests over summer but read you need to have been offered a place.

I have just finished my first year doing a BA in Children's Development and would not be applying for a PGCE until 2018 but was hoping I could do them now in case I fail and this leaves me enough time to resit and stuff!

Would I be able to do my skills tests now or do I need to wait until I apply next year?

You can do then whenever you want, but you will pay for them. If you wait until you have applied/have a place then you get them free.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrKirsty)
    Hi everyone,

I was looking at booking to do my skills tests over summer but read you need to have been offered a place.

I have just finished my first year doing a BA in Children's Development and would not be applying for a PGCE until 2018 but was hoping I could do them now in case I fail and this leaves me enough time to resit and stuff!

Would I be able to do my skills tests now or do I need to wait until I apply next year?
    You will need to have applied for a PGCE via UCAS before sitting the tests:
    "You must take the tests after you have applied and you will need to provide evidence of your application when you attend the test centre." - http://sta.education.gov.uk/professi...t-registration

You won't need to have received any offers - and some PGCE providers prefer it if you've sat the tests before interview - but it looks like you won't be able to register for and sit the tests until your application has been submitted.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.