IrKirsty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

I was looking at booking to do my skills tests over summer but read you need to have been offered a place.

I have just finished my first year doing a BA in Children's Development and would not be applying for a PGCE until 2018 but was hoping I could do them now in case I fail and this leaves me enough time to resit and stuff!

Would I be able to do my skills tests now or do I need to wait until I apply next year?
bob0079
Badges: 8
Report 2 years ago
You can do then whenever you want, but you will pay for them. If you wait until you have applied/have a place then you get them free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IrKirsty)
Hi everyone,

I was looking at booking to do my skills tests over summer but read you need to have been offered a place.

I have just finished my first year doing a BA in Children's Development and would not be applying for a PGCE until 2018 but was hoping I could do them now in case I fail and this leaves me enough time to resit and stuff!

Would I be able to do my skills tests now or do I need to wait until I apply next year?
You will need to have applied for a PGCE via UCAS before sitting the tests:
"You must take the tests after you have applied and you will need to provide evidence of your application when you attend the test centre." - http://sta.education.gov.uk/professi...t-registration

You won't need to have received any offers - and some PGCE providers prefer it if you've sat the tests before interview - but it looks like you won't be able to register for and sit the tests until your application has been submitted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%
Pop (230)
24.73%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.71%