Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm an International prospective student who has an offer from both Warwick and LSE for Economics. I'm a bit constrained by the budget so I would like to know what are the living costs for LSE and Warwick? UoW is asking an extra 4000GBP for the tuition fees so what will be a better financial option among the two Unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkit1999)
    So I'm an International prospective student who has an offer from both Warwick and LSE for Economics. I'm a bit constrained by the budget so I would like to know what are the living costs for LSE and Warwick? UoW is asking an extra 4000GBP for the tuition fees so what will be a better financial option among the two Unis?
    Warwick is known for its maths, LSE is known for eco, and LSE has more international recognition for eco. I would take LSE.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Which course? I'm surprised Warwick is more expensive for tuition.

However living costs in London will be much higher than Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Which course? I'm surprised Warwick is more expensive for tuition.

However living costs in London will be much higher than Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I assume BSc economics, as overseas fees are ~£18400 for LSE and ~£22000 for Warwick.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spleenharvester)
    I assume BSc economics, as overseas fees are ~£18400 for LSE and ~£22000 for Warwick.
    Really? That's bold of Warwick....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spleenharvester)
    Yeah, that's pretty much it, although accommodation etc is on the higher side in LSE. I'm unable to choose as the costs etc all come up to be almost the same. Warwick is known for it's campus (also, a more reputed Economics course) but then, LSE is LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samendra)
    Warwick is known for its maths, LSE is known for eco, and LSE has more international recognition for eco. I would take LSE.
    That's what I thought too, but Economics at UoW is rated higher than that at LSE. Also, the Math requirement at LSE was higher than Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is likely to have higher costs of living because it is London. Both are superb universities and you shouldn't lack for job prospects afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought too, but Economics at UoW is rated higher than that at LSE. Also, the Math requirement at LSE was higher than Warwick.
    Maths at warwick requires A*A*A* i dont think LSE>Warwick in maths, and plus league tables mean nothing. The rep of LSE is in finance is arguably better than warwick (even though they both place very well in IB)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to note that most humanities & social science undergrad courses at Warwick are £17,460 (2017/18) and LSE is £18,408 but Economics at Warwick is an exception: £22,260

Hmm....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.