Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody! I do have a big problem, I think! In May I've received 2 letters from student finance England: first: with login details and the second with a table chart. In that table chart says Course Fee amount 0.00* pounds, next one: maximum loan available 0.00 pounds, next one: loan requested: 0.00 pounds, then loan to be paid: 0.00 pounds and the last one is the amount you need to pay to your current university/college: 0.00 pounds.
    Next to the table chart says: *The course fee amount started on your application exceeded the maximum Tuition Fee Course Amount stipulated by your college or university for your choice of course. For this reason, The course Fee amount displayed above differs from the value stated on your original application. I called them then they said to call the Uni, so I called the uni, and a lady from uni spoke to them and gave me a mail after that -> they think that your application for finance has been incorrectly assessed and they are escalating this now for you... Do you guys think I might not get the loan? :/
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by imdanielar)
    Hi everybody! I do have a big problem, I think! In May I've received 2 letters from student finance England: first: with login details and the second with a table chart. In that table chart says Course Fee amount 0.00* pounds, next one: maximum loan available 0.00 pounds, next one: loan requested: 0.00 pounds, then loan to be paid: 0.00 pounds and the last one is the amount you need to pay to your current university/college: 0.00 pounds.
    Next to the table chart says: *The course fee amount started on your application exceeded the maximum Tuition Fee Course Amount stipulated by your college or university for your choice of course. For this reason, The course Fee amount displayed above differs from the value stated on your original application. I called them then they said to call the Uni, so I called the uni, and a lady from uni spoke to them and gave me a mail after that -> they think that your application for finance has been incorrectly assessed and they are escalating this now for you... Do you guys think I might not get the loan? :/
    Thats all very confusing and without more details it is difficult to say.

If its a mainstream public university and the only thing in question to the fee amount then some misinformation has happened. Most unis are adept in charging the max they can get away with i.e £9,250 and maybe the details on your form were entered incorrectly or the amount you requested was wrong.

It seems like a basic error and SFE just wanted it cleared up how much the fee was and how much they were expected to pay.

Should be fine or at least now the two have spoken they can clarify what the correct details were. I cant say if you will get it without more detail, but unless theres something unusual then you should expect to receive it if you meet the eligibility criteria. Either contact them again or be patient. the course fee should be the least controversial part.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.