The Student Room Group

A-levels for econ/stats

Hi, I'm currently deciding my a-levels and am aiming to do a degree related to economics/statistics/actuarial science.

I'm choosing:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics Or Economics....can't decide
Spanish

Would Physics or Economics give me better chances? Looking at units like LSE/UCL/Warwick etc...

Thanks
Original post by DaEpicZingerDude
Hi, I'm currently deciding my a-levels and am aiming to do a degree related to economics/statistics/actuarial science.

I'm choosing:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics Or Economics....can't decide
Spanish

Would Physics or Economics give me better chances? Looking at units like LSE/UCL/Warwick etc...

Thanks

I dont believe it makes a difference. You have the key one which is Maths. LSE tend to be the pickiest and they like a good spread of traditional A levels, but it would be a bit bonkers to say Economics would be viewed any weaker. Read their entry policy (cant remember exactly what it says), but I think youd be fine with either. Go for the one you enhoy or get the best grade in. If they arent fussed and neither are you then id do Econ.

In addition to Mathematics, we are looking for subject combinations which indicate that you possess both analytical and writing abilities. Subjects which appear as common post-16 choices are Economics; Physics; History; Chemistry; English and Government and Politics.

Although many students on the programme have studied A Level Economics or equivalent it is not required.
(edited 6 years ago)
Economics

Quick Reply

Latest