Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really panicked about second year for various reasons and I'm just looking for some sort of reassurance

1) I'm living with 6 people I don't know in a house
    2) my course is gonna get a lot harder and even more intense/ stressful then it currently is

3) one of my closest friends is now in a relationship so I worry we're gonna spend less time together

4) gonna have to be a lot more responsible and ' adult ' with regards to everything like cooking my own food ect and I worry I won't have enough time to do work
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by fefssdf)
    I'm getting really panicked about second year for various reasons and I'm just looking for some sort of reassurance

2) my course is gonna get a lot harder and even more intense/ stressful then it currently is

3) one of my closest friends is now in a relationship so I worry we're gonna spend less time together

4) gonna have to be a lot more responsible and ' adult ' with regards to everything like cooking my own food ect and I worry I won't have enough time to do work
    1. So the house filled up like I said it would? Why not have a house meeting with everyone and agree to sort a plan out, o for a rink or have a meal. Its in everyones interest to get along and lay down some ground rules like noise, food, cleaning etc.
    2. You still have a lot of Summer left to plan and prepare how you are going to tackle year 2. Thoughtful preparation will go a long way to preventing you being a headless chicken. Do things you can sort out, most importantly get money as thats always handy. If you didnt do so well in year 1 then ID what went wrong so you can avoid in year 2.

3. You need a bit more independence and to make other friends. relationships end so she may be back sooner than you know.

4. Its called growing up. You are just worrying. teach yourself to cook and learn some basic student recipes plus how to shop. Cooking is fun and theres no reason it should eat into your time. Just get organised.

All this worrying over not a lot must be a bit tiring and works against you so stop doing it and work out things that will make you stringer and better,

ReputationRep:

1. add your housemates on social media and just talk..
    2. have a copying strategy ready in case you're really struggling mid-year i.e who you can go to for academic/emotional support
    3. Keep in contact with them over the holidays ( even if it's over text- it takes 2 seconds to reply to a message)
    4. learn some quick recipes and speak to older years to see how they coped with y2.

You'll do greatttttttttt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustDoIt!)
    1. add your housemates on social media and just talk..
    2. have a copying strategy ready in case you're really struggling mid-year i.e who you can go to for academic/emotional support
    3. Keep in contact with them over the holidays ( even if it's over text- it takes 2 seconds to reply to a message)
    4. learn some quick recipes and speak to older years to see how they coped with y2.

You'll do greatttttttttt!
    Yeh thanks and yeh I have been keeping in contact like I have met up with two of my uni friends and we're meeting up again next week as well but idk i just tend to get paranoid and feel like I'm gonna drift away like ahh

ReputationRep:

Hi! I've just finished second year and honestly it's not as bad as you think!

First off, think of living with new people as an opportunity to make new friends! It'll be just like moving into halls. Even if you're living with people you wouldn't usually connect with otherwise, living in a house together forces you to make friends and get along. At the start of both first and second year I lived with people I didn't really know and within a few weeks, you really do become best friends! Also in regards to coping with 'adult' things like cooking - you'll figure it out! What I find handy is to spend a weekend cooking meals in bulk, then you can freeze them in portions and don't have to worry about cooking if you come back from uni late in the week.

As far as your course is concerned - the content in second year might get harder, but you've already experienced uni life for a year and are probably going to be well into the flow of it by the start of second year! So don't panic and try and just take second year in your stride. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhp7)
    Hi! I've just finished second year and honestly it's not as bad as you think!

First off, think of living with new people as an opportunity to make new friends! It'll be just like moving into halls. Even if you're living with people you wouldn't usually connect with otherwise, living in a house together forces you to make friends and get along. At the start of both first and second year I lived with people I didn't really know and within a few weeks, you really do become best friends! Also in regards to coping with 'adult' things like cooking - you'll figure it out! What I find handy is to spend a weekend cooking meals in bulk, then you can freeze them in portions and don't have to worry about cooking if you come back from uni late in the week.

As far as your course is concerned - the content in second year might get harder, but you've already experienced uni life for a year and are probably going to be well into the flow of it by the start of second year! So don't panic and try and just take second year in your stride. Good luck!
    Hey thanks a lot for the reassurance and yes I guess it gives me a chance to meet some new people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.