Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ISIS fighters dress up as women to try and flee Mosul Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lee-Mosul.html
    http://www.indiatimes.com/news/world...ds-326356.html
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-wigs-10850567

But the Iraqi army noticed that they still had facial hair so arrested them

ReputationRep:
    We need to ban the burka to stop this from potentially happening in the uk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiskey&Freedom)
    We need to ban the burka
    I'm uneasy about curtailing random civil liberties simply due to the abject failure of state multiculturalism. To start telling people how to dress runs contrary to our values. Would prefer, first, to bar/commence repatriation for those who don't pass new (retrospective) citizenship tests (speaking English, swearing allegiance to Queen and country, etc) :yy:

ReputationRep:
    TBT like 3 days after my first year exams in the same road where I sat my exams:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-10278346.html

ReputationRep:
    "But the Iraqi army noticed that they still had facial hair so arrested them"

how they gonna assume gender like this it's 2017 come on now..
    Spoiler:
    Show

sarcasm

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Those pictures put me off my croissants

Spoiler:
    Show

Couldn't they just shave the facial hair off at least? Or do they not have razors in Iraq?

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No. Just no.

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I'm uneasy about curtailing random civil liberties simply due to the abject failure of state multiculturalism. To start telling people how to dress runs contrary to our values. Would prefer, first, to bar/commence repatriation for those who don't pass new (retrospective) citizenship tests (speaking English, swearing allegiance to Queen and country, etc) :yy:
    I don't know about swearing allegiance to the queen but the rest, sure.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    TBT like 3 days after my first year exams in the same road where I sat my exams:

Because apparently balaclavas wouldn't suffice.

ReputationRep:

The number of robberies being committed with the use of a burka is ridiculously low. It would not make sense to ban an item of religious clothing for such rare instances.

There's a reason robberies committed using a burka is so low, it's simply not practical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Because apparently balaclavas wouldn't suffice.
    Unfortunately, people wearing Burkas are accepted and no one is going to challenge them. Someone wearing a balaclava would get arrested or at least be asked to take it off the first time they encounter police.

ReputationRep:
    spent a few years killing people and all of a sudden it's time to go home? na m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalLight)
    The number of robberies being committed with the use of a burka is ridiculously low. It would not make sense to ban an item of religious clothing for such rare instances.

There's a reason robberies committed using a burka is so low, it's simply not practical.
    Lol gonna laugh if it becomes a growing trend. Then again, I don't think it's worth subjecting yourself to wearing that thing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    spent a few years killing people and all of a sudden it's time to go home? na m8
    Don't forget rape, arson, extortion, paedophillia and just general crimes against humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Lol gonna laugh if it becomes a growing trend.
    I doubt it will become a trend, if you're pulling off a robbery you're going to want to be quick and a big baggy dress isn't going to help. Even if it does become a trend I doubt they will ban it in public places, even balaclavas can still be worn in public.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it will become a trend, if you're pulling off a robbery you're going to want to be quick and a big baggy dress isn't going to help. Even if it does become a trend I doubt they will ban it in public places, even balaclavas can still be worn in public.
    Not really the point but anyway. Can't wait to see what post-Brexit Britain in like.

ReputationRep:
    Not really the point but anyway. Can't wait to see what post-Brexit Britain in like.
    What do you think it will look like in say, 20 years?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think it will look like in say, 20 years?
    NHS long gone, tuition fees at £20,000 per annum/uncapped, civil unrest been and gone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.