Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My firm is to do Biomedical sciences Msci at Warwick,but I feel like I should have picked the Applied Medical sciences Msci at UCL instead,which I rejected at the time.
    Is it possible on results day for me to change?Should I contact UCL to see if they still have places ?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you regret your choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    artful_lounger might be able to give some good advice.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It may be possible, but it would simply be going through the usual clearing process if it's in clearing. UCL is a pretty uncommon sight so, there is no guarantee there. I'm not really sure there's anything else to be done - if it was your insurance choice and possibly earlier in the cycle (I'm a little fuzzy on some of the specific dates for these things) it is possible to "swap" your firm and insurance choices. From the sounds of it you picked another course as insurance and Warwick as your firm however, which leaves you with only the first option, or to take a year out and reapply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Why do you regret your choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel like Warwick biomedical science course is not as rigorous or challenging as UCL applied medical science course,and it looks so bland now.
    I thought I did not want to go to university in London ,but now that I actually visited the campus of UCL,I would not mind.
    I also feel UCL teaching style would be better for me than Warwick 's.
    I don't think I would be unhappy if I went to Warwick but I would now really prefer if I could go to UCL,please help .
    The courses have the same grades,so i think my best bet would be to get better than possible and hopefully the course would be in clearing,as it was last year .
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    My firm is to do Biomedical sciences Msci at Warwick,but I feel like I should have picked the Applied Medical sciences Msci at UCL instead,which I rejected at the time.
    Is it possible on results day for me to change?Should I contact UCL to see if they still have places ?
    UCL only had places through adjustment last year
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-artic...lts-adjustment and isnt in clearing by the looks of it this year, since you had an offer for the course, there's a very slim chance but you can try and swap your firm to that if there's still places now.Otherwise try and adjust if you're eligible or it's just a case of taking a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    I feel like Warwick biomedical science course is not as rigorous or challenging as UCL applied medical science course,and it looks so bland now.
    I thought I did not want to go to university in London ,but now that I actually visited the campus of UCL,I would not mind.
    I also feel UCL teaching style would be better for me than Warwick 's.
    I don't think I would be unhappy if I went to Warwick but I would now really prefer if I could go to UCL,please help .
    The courses have the same grades,so i think my best bet would be to get better than possible and hopefully the course would be in clearing,as it was last year .
    Why has your mind changed from when you first applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.