Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    A-levels didn't go as well as I wanted - of course we don't know results just yet but I'm 99% sure I haven't got the 3 A's to meet my offer for medicine. I've read what I could on the medic portal about studying in europe, and I've been looking at Prague specifically, but I'm struggling to understand certain parts of the website/process of applying.

I have thought of biomed and will probably do my best to get in through clearing after having begged my medical school to let me in, but I'd much rather save myself 3 years and 27 grand and study elsewhere.

Is anyone going through the same thing/is currently studying medicine in Prague (being a UK student)?

ReputationRep:
    I applied last year to study Medicine and have loads of friends who study in Prague. I personally applied through Tutelage and they were really helpful with organising everything. I'm pretty sure with 3 A's you shouldn't have a problem getting into Prague universities but as far as i am aware there is an entrance test. What parts of the Prague application process were you struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laam13)
    Hi,
    A-levels didn't go as well as I wanted - of course we don't know results just yet but I'm 99% sure I haven't got the 3 A's to meet my offer for medicine. I've read what I could on the medic portal about studying in europe, and I've been looking at Prague specifically, but I'm struggling to understand certain parts of the website/process of applying.

I have thought of biomed and will probably do my best to get in through clearing after having begged my medical school to let me in, but I'd much rather save myself 3 years and 27 grand and study elsewhere.

Is anyone going through the same thing/is currently studying medicine in Prague (being a UK student)?
    Yeah I went through a similar process earlier this year but decided not to continue with it. The University in Prague doesn't focus much on A-level, the minimum requirement is that you passed it. However, the entrance exam is the heavy hitter; for Charles University in particular for example you will sit through 3 exams and can choose between Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Physics. If you score an average of 80% or above you usually be given an unconditional offer.

Im not so sure about the interview though, I know there is one but I don't think it will weight as heavily as your entrance exam. Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.