The Student Room Group

Second Degree funding Allied Health course

I already have one degree in English but after working for several years in healthcare I am applying for 2018 entry to study radiography which would previously have been funded by the NHS. Before I pursue this any further would I be eligible to apply for a second tuition fee loan? Maintenance I am not too worried about as I will be working part time also.
Original post by MgnB
I already have one degree in English but after working for several years in healthcare I am applying for 2018 entry to study radiography which would previously have been funded by the NHS. Before I pursue this any further would I be eligible to apply for a second tuition fee loan? Maintenance I am not too worried about as I will be working part time also.

Yes. Students who already have a degree and are planning to undertake a nursing, midwifery or allied health profession subject (which includes radiography) as a second degree will have access to student loans through the student loans system.
Reply 2
Thanks snufkin, do you know if they’ll be eligible for maintenance loan as well?
Original post by Juanimac
Thanks snufkin, do you know if they’ll be eligible for maintenance loan as well?

I believe they are eligible, yes, but check with Student Finance.
Original post by Snufkin
I believe they are eligible, yes, but check with Student Finance.

Hi Snufkin,

If you are studying an Allied Heath course, then you will be entitled to the full package of funding this will include maintenance loan and tuition fees.

Thanks

Catherine
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Snufkin,

If you are studying an Allied Heath course, then you will be entitled to the full package of funding this will include maintenance loan and tuition fees.

Thanks

Catherine

Original post by Juanimac

It was Juanimac who was asking, so I will quote them in.

Quick Reply