GCSE Watch

Orkhed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am in year 9 and I am doing triple science and I wanted to know how many papers do you do in Triple Science
squirrology
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Orkhed)
I am in year 9 and I am doing triple science and I wanted to know how many papers do you do in Triple Science
I did Triple Science for my GCSE's in 2015 and I had to take 9 papers overall, my exam board was OCR 21ST Century and I basically had to do:

Biology Paper 1: B1 B2 B3, Chemistry Paper 2: C1 C2 C3, Physics Paper 3: P1, P2, P3
Biology Paper 4: B4, B5, B6, Chemistry Paper 5: C4, C5, C6, Physics Paper 6: P4, P5, P6
Biology Paper 7: B7, Chemistry Paper 8: C7 and lastly, Physics Paper 9: P7

Final Fantasy Can this thread be moved to GCSE Section
hannah4801
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exam board are you? I done AQA last year and had to do 3 papers for each subject, 1 for each unit so U1, U2 & U3
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to GCSEs forum. Lemme know if you need help with anything else! Cheers.
Student2416
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did triple science at GCSE and did 3 exams in each of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and then unit 4 in each science was coursework. Each unit was worth 25% of the overall grade. However, i think that the science specification has now changed and now I think that you only do 2 exams in each science and no longer need to do practical coursework which means you may now only have to do 6 exams in total. Although there are now less exams i think they're now 2 hours (not 100% sure) instead of only 1 hour, which would mean your total exam time is actually 12 hours across all sciences instead of 9
username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by squirrology)
I did Triple Science for my GCSE's in 2015 and I had to take 9 papers overall, my exam board was OCR 21ST Century and I basically had to do:

Biology Paper 1: B1 B2 B3, Chemistry Paper 2: C1 C2 C3, Physics Paper 3: P1, P2, P3
Biology Paper 4: B4, B5, B6, Chemistry Paper 5: C4, C5, C6, Physics Paper 6: P4, P5, P6
Biology Paper 7: B7, Chemistry Paper 8: C7 and lastly, Physics Paper 9: P7

Final Fantasy Can this thread be moved to GCSE Section
If you did it in 2015 then this would have changed.
itslibby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Orkhed)
For the new AQA triple science GCSE you do two papers per subject (chemistry, biology and ohysics) hence you do six papers in total. The details can be found on the aqa website:

Biology: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...on-at-a-glance

Chemistry: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...on-at-a-glance

Physics: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...on-at-a-glance

However it may be different if you are doing a different exam board so I would advise that you find out which exam board your school are with for science, and then go on the exam board website to find out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.13%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%