Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 9 and I am doing triple science and I wanted to know how many papers do you do in Triple Science
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orkhed)
    I am in year 9 and I am doing triple science and I wanted to know how many papers do you do in Triple Science
    I did Triple Science for my GCSE's in 2015 and I had to take 9 papers overall, my exam board was OCR 21ST Century and I basically had to do:

Biology Paper 1: B1 B2 B3, Chemistry Paper 2: C1 C2 C3, Physics Paper 3: P1, P2, P3
    Biology Paper 4: B4, B5, B6, Chemistry Paper 5: C4, C5, C6, Physics Paper 6: P4, P5, P6
    Biology Paper 7: B7, Chemistry Paper 8: C7 and lastly, Physics Paper 9: P7

Final Fantasy Can this thread be moved to GCSE Section

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you? I done AQA last year and had to do 3 papers for each subject, 1 for each unit so U1, U2 & U3
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Moved to GCSEs forum. Lemme know if you need help with anything else! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I did triple science at GCSE and did 3 exams in each of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and then unit 4 in each science was coursework. Each unit was worth 25% of the overall grade. However, i think that the science specification has now changed and now I think that you only do 2 exams in each science and no longer need to do practical coursework which means you may now only have to do 6 exams in total. Although there are now less exams i think they're now 2 hours (not 100% sure) instead of only 1 hour, which would mean your total exam time is actually 12 hours across all sciences instead of 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirrology)
    I did Triple Science for my GCSE's in 2015 and I had to take 9 papers overall, my exam board was OCR 21ST Century and I basically had to do:

Biology Paper 1: B1 B2 B3, Chemistry Paper 2: C1 C2 C3, Physics Paper 3: P1, P2, P3
    Biology Paper 4: B4, B5, B6, Chemistry Paper 5: C4, C5, C6, Physics Paper 6: P4, P5, P6
    Biology Paper 7: B7, Chemistry Paper 8: C7 and lastly, Physics Paper 9: P7

Final Fantasy Can this thread be moved to GCSE Section
    If you did it in 2015 then this would have changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orkhed)
    For the new AQA triple science GCSE you do two papers per subject (chemistry, biology and ohysics) hence you do six papers in total. The details can be found on the aqa website:

Biology: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...on-at-a-glance

Chemistry: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...on-at-a-glance

Physics: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...on-at-a-glance

However it may be different if you are doing a different exam board so I would advise that you find out which exam board your school are with for science, and then go on the exam board website to find out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.