Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't write sentences properly.. PLEASE HELP ME! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't explain it but whenever I am writing sentences they do not look right. Everyone says my essays make no sense. Do I need to read books or.. ( I've never read more than 3 books in my whole life)

ReputationRep:
    BUMP Xd

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you should read books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tian1Sky)
    Yes, you should read books.
    recommend me some plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustDoIt!)
    recommend me some plz
    Anything tbh, just read.

ReputationRep:
    Anything tbh, just read.
    ok, thanks!. also-why do we use commas? should i use a comma before or after the word BUT?

ReputationRep:
    I can't explain it but whenever I am writing sentences they do not look right. Everyone says my essays make no sense. Do I need to read books or.. ( I've never read more than 3 books in my whole life)
    Send me an example of your essay (it can be any) i might be able to help you i used to help my older sister correct her work i'm sort of good at that

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I'm useless at writing sentences too. I always end up writing excessively long sentences

ReputationRep:
    ok, thanks!. also-why do we use commas? should i use a comma before or after the word BUT?
    Before the word but. For example: "I initially thought your problem was not having read enough, but now I think you need basic grammar lessons badly."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Don't worry I'm useless at writing sentences too. I always end up writing excessively long sentences
    atleast your sentences make sense, and in your feedback to essays you don't get them saying ' I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY however it's as clear as mud' SCREAMS!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Literally just get reading! It doesn't matter if it's books, newspapers or magazines; they will all improve your grammar. Maybe when you do read, make a point of analysing the way a sentence is structured to teach yourself a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    Literally just get reading! It doesn't matter if it's books, newspapers or magazines; they will all improve your grammar. Maybe when you do read, make a point of analysing the way a sentence is structured to teach yourself a little bit.
    I do read a lot of online articles like the daily mail and the mirror but, my brain's more interested in the pictures.

ReputationRep:
    atleast your sentences make sense, and in your feedback to essays you don't get them saying ' I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY however it's as clear as mud' SCREAMS!!!!!
    Hahahaha brilliant that's pretty bad lmao

ReputationRep:
    I do read a lot of online articles like the daily mail and the mirror but, my brain's more interested in the pictures.
    If you want to learn how to write proper sentences, please don't read tabloid articles. Read books.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey, don't worry. Just ask me if you need any help with English or punctuation or anything. I'll help you .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    Hey, don't worry. Just ask me if you need any help with English or punctuation or anything. I'll help you .
    can you tutor me on how to write <3
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sure

ReputationRep:
    If you want to learn how to write proper sentences, please don't read tabloid articles. Read books.
    yeahh, good advice. Daily mail has wrecked my brain! I guess i'm just looking for a quick fix but there's no such thing like that.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to be a little more specific about what it is that you struggle with - it's not all writing, as these posts make perfect sense. Is it just academic/extended writing? And is it punctuation, grammar, word choice or all of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    Sure
    ;p.. gr8

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.