Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was so anxious about going to the gym I drank a full bottle of wine beforehand Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am 25 and have been going the gym since 16. I have had anxiety for around at least 12 years though I don't confide in anybody about it, nor have I been the doctors to be diagnosed.
    The anxiety seems to be constant and it can get very bad, especially when coming in and out the house because of the chavvy neighbour s sitting outside next door.

Anyway , about 4 or 5 years ago I agreed to meet somebody at a gym for a workout session.
    I was so anxious that I went the shop the night before and bought a bottle of wine (think it was white wine not red)

The next morning at like around 8 am I drank the whole bottle of white wine and immediately my head was spinning and everything felt really slow motion and I felt really drunk. before going the gym to meet him, ironically bi still felt anxious as I knew my words were slurred therefore I hardly spoke to him at the gym because I did not want him realising I was drunk.

I still get really anxious though try to hide it. How bad was it for me to drink a whole bottle of wine like that in a matter of minutes ?
    Could it have been fatal ?

ReputationRep:
    No haha a single bottle can't be fatal.

ReputationRep:
    If it were fatal I'd have died a long time ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    I am 25 and have been going the gym since 16. I have had anxiety for around at least 12 years though I don't confide in anybody about it, nor have I been the doctors to be diagnosed.
    The anxiety seems to be constant and it can get very bad, especially when coming in and out the house because of the chavvy neighbour s sitting outside next door.

Anyway , about 4 or 5 years ago I agreed to meet somebody at a gym for a workout session.
    I was so anxious that I went the shop the night before and bought a bottle of wine (think it was white wine not red)

The next morning at like around 8 am I drank the whole bottle of white wine and immediately my head was spinning and everything felt really slow motion and I felt really drunk. before going the gym to meet him, ironically bi still felt anxious as I knew my words were slurred therefore I hardly spoke to him at the gym because I did not want him realising I was drunk.

I still get really anxious though try to hide it. How bad was it for me to drink a whole bottle of wine like that in a matter of minutes ?
    Could it have been fatal ?
    Everyone deals with anxiety and stress differently-don't worry you are not alone. Have you ever thought about speaking to someone who can help with your anxiety, or just be there to listen to you? Do you feel that your anxiety limits your day-to-day life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    Everyone deals with anxiety and stress differently-don't worry you are not alone. Have you ever thought about speaking to someone who can help with your anxiety, or just be there to listen to you? Do you feel that your anxiety limits your day-to-day life?
    Anxiety definitely affects my everyday life , thank you for your support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    Anxiety definitely affects my everyday life , thank you for your support
    Aww-that must be hard for you, I'm sorry you are going through this! Please remember you are not alone, there are so many people who care about you (Including me and other TSR members xD)!!! If you ever feel like you need to talk about anything or just need someone to listen to you PM me How's gym going for you btw?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.