Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UK student Thinking of studying in the Netherlands next year. Need Advise post brexit Watch

ReputationRep:
    So im a UK student who wants to study in the Netherlands at university in 2018. I wasn't sure which forum to pist this on. Im worried about what will change considering what's happening with brexit.

I've wanted to study in the Netherlands for a long time now. I love the country and I'd love to learn Dutch and spend some time there. It's a dream of mine.

I'm just worried about what will change in terms of costs for me. As it stands the course fees are much cheaper and if I got a part time job etc. I could afford to study there. But if the course costs increase. Alongside ant changes to funding then im not sure. And there seems to be very little information on what will change and if I could even get funding for it. I wondered if anyone here knew what kind if changes I would expect. And what funding and helo I could get post brexit
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seekat)
    So im a UK student who wants to study in the Netherlands at university in 2018. I wasn't sure which forum to pist this on. Im worried about what will change considering what's happening with brexit.

I've wanted to study in the Netherlands for a long time now. I love the country and I'd love to learn Dutch and spend some time there. It's a dream of mine.

I'm just worried about what will change in terms of costs for me. As it stands the course fees are much cheaper and if I got a part time job etc. I could afford to study there. But if the course costs increase. Alongside ant changes to funding then im not sure. And there seems to be very little information on what will change and if I could even get funding for it. I wondered if anyone here knew what kind if changes I would expect. And what funding and helo I could get post brexit
    The UK will still be in the EU in 2018 so nothing will change immediately. There is some uncertainty about what will happen to British students studying in the EU when Brexit finally happens (2019), nobody knows for sure at the moment but I think it is very, very unlikely that students already enrolled on a degree in the Netherlands will have to apply for a visa/have to pay the international tuition fee rate after the UK leaves the EU. I suggest you contact Dutch universities directly about this, they are best placed to tell you what changes (if any) are likely to happen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.