Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ICT Confusion Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Even though I'm in Year 9, my mum has made me look at 6th form applications to see if I can find ICT. I can't find it exactly but does Computer Studies mean ICT or is that just Computer Science. Just like to know thx
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKaboodle21)
    Even though I'm in Year 9, my mum has made me look at 6th form applications to see if I can find ICT. I can't find it exactly but does Computer Studies mean ICT or is that just Computer Science. Just like to know thx
    ICT is no more, Computer Science has replaced it, but CompSci is more mathematical and coding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    ICT is no more, Computer Science has replaced it, but CompSci is more mathematical and coding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our school gave us the option of doing ICT, the OCR Nationals one. So would Computer Science be a more mathematical approach to ICT or is it something different entirely?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKaboodle21)
    Our school gave us the option of doing ICT, the OCR Nationals one. So would Computer Science be a more mathematical approach to ICT or is it something different entirely?
    Comp Sci is unique, but I'm unsure on the differences

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to post-16 choices, I've only ever seen IT as a BTEC, meaning it is a more practical based qualification.
    Computer science can be offered as both an A Level or a BTEC, as there are practical elements (such as the coding) as well as all of the theory.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.