Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: Do you need an alarm to wake you up? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you need an alarm to wake you in the morning?
    Yes, can't do without it
    67.57%
    No, I wake up naturally
    32.43%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    I would look like a zombie
    :lol:

I sometimes get "your eyes look tired" when I haven't slept for over a day.

ReputationRep:
    For school I used to automatically be up by 6am every morning without fail without an alarm. Did it for 8 years straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Strange)
    :lol:

I sometimes get "your eyes look tired" when I haven't slept for over a day.
    woaaaa i cant do that !! i get that if i slept just less than 4 hours never mind a whole night ! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    For school I used to automatically be up by 6am every morning without fail without an alarm. Did it for 8 years straight.
    i rate you i need an alarm to get me up anytime b4 12 pm or i'll continue to sleep

ReputationRep:
    i rate you i need an alarm to get me up anytime b4 12 pm or i'll continue to sleep
    Thanks it was a natural thing for me. I've never really struggled to get out of bed early when required. I remember a few months ago having to be up at 4:30am and I was up and running around the house by 4am even though I went to bed at like 1am. 😂

ReputationRep:
    Thanks it was a natural thing for me. I've never really struggled to get out of bed early when required. I remember a few months ago having to be up at 4:30am and I was up and running around the house by 4am even though I went to bed at like 1am. 😂
    ahah wow masha Allah great energy and motivation you have !

ReputationRep:
    ahah wow masha Allah great energy and motivation you have !
    The only motivation I had was the fact that if I didn't get up my mum would be in my room within 1 second with her slipper/rolling pin 😂😂
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    woaaaa i cant do that !! i get that if i slept just less than 4 hours never mind a whole night ! :eek:
    Haha tbh most people are like that so I guess I'm... erm.... pretty strange :lol:

Quite a few times I've stayed awake for 60-72 hours and ended up with bloodshot eyes, but if you saw me on most days you wouldn't think I had insomnia

ReputationRep:
    The only motivation I had was the fact that if I didn't get up my mum would be in my room within 1 second with her slipper/rolling pin 😂😂
    ahahaha dangerous killer weapons !!! dont u think that's too early though ?

ReputationRep:
    ahahaha dangerous killer weapons !!! dont u think that's too early though ?
    I think I have permanent scars from the treatment I got from them.
    Never thought it was too early. I was prepared to be up at 5am but then I'd have nothing to do for an hour.

ReputationRep:
    Haha tbh most people are like that so I guess I'm... erm.... pretty strange :lol:

Quite a few times I've stayed awake for 60-72 hours and ended up with bloodshot eyes, but if you saw me on most days you wouldn't think I had insomnia
    what makes you stay up though for that long ?:eek:
    well at least you look healthy i suppose but internally your not if you continue to do that !

ReputationRep:
    Not just an alarm, i need alarmS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    My father woke me up at 7 every morning so I automatically wake up at 7-8
    Haha wow! On weekends my parents wouldn't even wake me up and on school days if i ever said i was too tired to get up id basically get the day off... even in primary school, thankfully i still turned out alright despite my always below 80% attendance since like year 4

ReputationRep:
    I think I have permanent scars from the treatment I got from them.
    Never thought it was too early. I was prepared to be up at 5am but then I'd have nothing to do for an hour.
    ouch... well at least you get to wake up for fajr naturally i have to do an alarm and still fail alot of times

ReputationRep:
    ouch... well at least you get to wake up for fajr naturally i have to do an alarm and still fail alot of times
    It's just something I got used to. My brain automatically starts doing it once I've done it a few times.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    what makes you stay up though for that long ?:eek:
    well at least you look healthy i suppose but internally your not if you continue to do that !
    :lol: It's not all that bad if you try to be smart about it. For example there are links between insomnia and high blood pressure so maximising fitness helps :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :lol: It's not all that bad if you try to be smart about it. For example there are links between insomnia and high blood pressure so maximising fitness helps :yep:
    well its bad for me cuz i love sleeping :lol: true that so just stay fit i guess and get at least some sleep !

ReputationRep:
    XD MEEEEEE

ReputationRep:
    Nah,I wake up on time .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    XD MEEEEEE
    Name:  IMG_8701.JPG
Views: 5
Size:  38.1 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.