Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ted Baker Interview Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for a customer assistant role at Ted Baker but really don't know what to expect. Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    u might get asked some dumb questions about their history etc. Good luck tho, ted baker shops seem a pretty chill place to work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    u might get asked some dumb questions about their history etc. Good luck tho, ted baker shops seem a pretty chill place to work
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I worked at Ted Baker in Leeds for a couple of years. When I was interviewed it was very relaxed, one deputy manager and one supervisor. Only the manager did the talking though.

The questions were pretty standard, asking me why I liked the shop, why I wanted to work there etc. I was also asked about my sales experience and why I thought customer service was important. It was pretty standard stuff to be honest, the most important thing is to...

1) Dress well. Try and wear an outfit that fits the brand, so smart casual but don't be afraid to be a little tiny bit daring.

2) If they ask you why you like TB, mention something about how the brand is really outgoing, or how it fuses classical tailoring with modern quirks. In fact, my interviewer loved my description of the brand as quirky but cool so maybe you should go with that.

3) Just be nice. Smile and be polite, but be yourself. Don't be afraid to chat with a few staff in the shop if you're early. It will reflect well.

Good luck, it's a good place to work and the discount is reasonable but the company culture that pops up here and there is really really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jezza93)
    I worked at Ted Baker in Leeds for a couple of years. When I was interviewed it was very relaxed, one deputy manager and one supervisor. Only the manager did the talking though.

The questions were pretty standard, asking me why I liked the shop, why I wanted to work there etc. I was also asked about my sales experience and why I thought customer service was important. It was pretty standard stuff to be honest, the most important thing is to...

1) Dress well. Try and wear an outfit that fits the brand, so smart casual but don't be afraid to be a little tiny bit daring.

2) If they ask you why you like TB, mention something about how the brand is really outgoing, or how it fuses classical tailoring with modern quirks. In fact, my interviewer loved my description of the brand as quirky but cool so maybe you should go with that.

3) Just be nice. Smile and be polite, but be yourself. Don't be afraid to chat with a few staff in the shop if you're early. It will reflect well.

Good luck, it's a good place to work and the discount is reasonable but the company culture that pops up here and there is really really annoying.
    thanks thats a great helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.