The Student Room Group

Anyone that lives in Surrey?

I might be moving to Surrey, is it a nice place to live in?
I don't live in Surrey but I have visited. Surrey is a very nice place but it's extremely expensive; it's very much commuter orientated as in people who work in London will live there.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I don't live in Surrey but I have visited. Surrey is a very nice place but it's extremely expensive; it's very much commuter orientated as in people who work in London will live there.

Ohh okay, is it like a lot of villages and a town centre?
Reply 3
Original post by Boredom101
Ohh okay, is it like a lot of villages and a town centre?

Surrey has villages and towns and is the most wooded county in England.

It also includes parts of London, so it really depends on exactly where in Surrey you mean...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Surrey has villages and towns and is the most wooded county in England.

It also includes parts of London, so it really depends on exactly where in Surrey you mean...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I am not entirely sure where yet, but my mum was looking at an area called Cobham? I think that's what its called anyway. But if its woody then thats good.
Reply 5
Well I am not entirely sure where yet, but my mum was looking at an area called Cobham? I think that's what its called anyway. But if its woody then thats good.

Cobham is a small town by the side of the River Mole. Some woods but surrounded by fields and the A3 dual carriageway on one side and the M25 below it... Has a large Sainsbury's on the outskirts and a Waitrose in the town.

Where do you currently live?

Some would say Cobham is rather posh... and it's also home to Chelsea FCs training ground so lots of wealthy footballers in the area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Cobham is a small town by the side of a river. Some woods but surrounded by fields and the A3 dual carriageway... Has a large Sainsbury's on the outskirts and a Waitrose in the town.

Where do you currently live?

Some would say Cobham is rather posh... and it's also home to Chelsea FC training ground so lots of wealthy footballers in the area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that sounds great and it seems easily accessible. I live in South Kensington atm.
Reply 7
Oh that sounds great and it seems easily accessible. I live in South Kensington atm.

It's like South Ken with cows.

It even has a branch of The Ivy. You'll be right at home.

Also consider Esher, Weybridge and Oxshot. Oh and Chobham (much smaller).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's like South Ken with cows.

It even has a branch of The Ivy. You'll be right at home.

Also consider Esher, Weybridge and Oxshot. Oh and Chobham (much smaller).

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds great. Thank you for your suggestions. I will definitely look into them :smile:
I've visited Camberley, which was quite a nice place.
Original post by Anonymous
I've visited Camberley, which was quite a nice place.

It's 3 years old...
Original post by gtty123
It's 3 years old...

Do I look bothered?
Original post by Anonymous
Do I look bothered?

Yes (if you have to hide behind Anonymous to write it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending