Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I come from a very low-income single parent household and my mother's having trouble providing the evidence for my student finance so I get the full maintenance loan I am entitled to. At the moment they've only been able to set my amount at non-means tested which is only about half of what I am entitled to.
    My mother is on vacation in an area with bad cell reception and as such isn't able to call the local council to try and get the extra proof they require until the start of August (and it will probably take time to arrive).
    I'm afraid that at the start of term I won't have enough money to afford the uni accommodation fees (my firm choice is UCL and my insurance King's) and was wondering if the uni had any policy in place to deal with this?

    Contact whoever is in charge of finance ect at your uni and see what they say
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.