Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting my access course for combined sciences this September (Hopefully, got my interview on the 4th Aug, although on the back of my letter it says I have been accepted?)
    I was just wondering what kinda stuff I would be needing for the course, like study books, note pads, folders etc?
    If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, this will be my second time at college many years ago as have been a part time stay at home mum/working mum but now I'm going to chase my dreams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MummaJ1993)
    I will be starting my access course for combined sciences this September (Hopefully, got my interview on the 4th Aug, although on the back of my letter it says I have been accepted?)
    I was just wondering what kinda stuff I would be needing for the course, like study books, note pads, folders etc?
    If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, this will be my second time at college many years ago as have been a part time stay at home mum/working mum but now I'm going to chase my dreams!
    I did an access to nursing course which was mostly biology based, so text books that are relevant to your subject will be really helpful

Also ring binder folders to keep in hand outs, assignment briefs etc, get one for each subject as well as an A4 sized note book for each subject. Pencil case with pens, pencils, highlighters!!!!! Highlighters will be your saviour for remember key things haha.

Laptop if you don't already have one or a computer so that you can do assignments on (with Microsoft word). And finally a spare folder for all your completed assignments to go in once your course is finished and you hand everything in to be checked . I don't think I've missed anything, I mean I don't think I had much more than this. Access courses I have found are quite laid back in terms of schedule etc so it wasnt as strict as school/actual college was back when we were young.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I will doing this course to go on to study Marine Biology & Oceonography. I have to have 45 credits to go to biology so probs best to get a biology book.
    I haven't got a laptop or pc -_- But I am getting a tablet so suppose I can do it on that.
    Thank you, I have a better idea of what to get now. Will more than likely get the stuff nearer to time of starting the course.
    Thank you for helping

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.