Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What inspired you to get into fitness? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For me getting tired after running 800m , knew at that point I should try to get more healthy.

ReputationRep:
    To become the strongest version of myself

ReputationRep:
    shameful_burrito The iron is enough of an inspiration
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    To become the strongest version of myself
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    shameful_burrito The iron is enough of an inspiration
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    This.
    Yo Elliot urgh urgh urgh urgh urgh urgh urgh urgh

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want to get fat and also doing exercise gives you more energy to do things later on in the day which is especially useful at uni

ReputationRep:
    Just to get hench. Now the goal is to get hencher.

ReputationRep:
    Realising I'd ballooned to 111kg was a pretty good motivator...

Though, real talk, finding a team sport that's enjoyable is (in my opinion) the best motivation. For me that was rowing at university.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Just to get hench. Now the goal is to get hencher.
    Bigger by the day!!😂

ReputationRep:
    Used to be a skinny little **** who everyone picked on, I had no confidence in myself.

Polish guy at my college was ripped AF and muscular and he had all the pussy, I was jealous and decided I gotta stop being a little ***** and get in shape! From there the rest is history.

ReputationRep:
    The ****ing bleep test in year 7

ReputationRep:
    The simple fact that being fat and unfit can result in many years of poor health before an early death.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Had a bad break up and thought the weights could take away the pain...

Spoiler:
    Show

They did. And now I'm addicted to getting bigger and stronger

ReputationRep:
    Started to get hench for gyal, but now its just to receive praise from other brosephs

ReputationRep:
    Started going gym cos all my friends were too...

Couple years on and I'm pretty much the only one who lifts regularly. Was inspired to do Olympic Weightlifting through an injury and the concept of one day being able to hold insane weights above my head, weights I only dreamt of deadlifting at one point

ReputationRep:
    I don't wanna get huge, just wanna put on some lean muscle to help me with my sport, and also partly for aesthetic purposes (I think that would make me feel a bit better about myself).

anyways the hodgetwins from youtube inspired to start lifting, as well as some people from here:

shameful_burrito
    qasim_96
    donutellme
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanman123)
    but now its just to receive praise from other brosephs
    "Nice pecs bro, how much you bench? Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    I don't wanna get huge, just wanna put on some lean muscle to help me with my sport, and also partly for aesthetic purposes (I think that would make me feel a bit better about myself).

anyways the hodgetwins from youtube inspired to start lifting, as well as some people from here:

shameful_burrito
    qasim_96
    donutellme
    Thanks mayne. Hope you make yourself ALL KINDS of gains. Consistency is the key!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)

shameful_burrito
    qasim_96
    donutellme
    Feel honoured mayne, you gonna make ALL KINDS OF GAINZ....ALL KINDSSSSS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    Thanks mayne. Hope you make yourself ALL KINDS of gains. Consistency is the key!
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Feel honoured mayne, you gonna make ALL KINDS OF GAINZ....ALL KINDSSSSS
    thanks guys Gonna post my before and after pic at the end of summer, so you guys can see the progress of 3 and a half months and give me feedback

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.