Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I will try and give as much information as possible in the hope of getting the best advice.

I have just graduated from university with a 1:1 in Sociology. The plan was to work for a year and then apply for my social work masters. I began work as a childcare practitioner in May and before that had worked as a support worker for 14 months and as a supervisor in a coffee shop for a year.

On paper I feel like I am a sound applicant, the only issue is that I am currently on a D in GCSE Maths, the standard requirement is, of course, a C/Level 4. I have enrolled at my local college to retake this (exams will be in May/June 2018). After a change of heart, I would really like to start this Septemeber (2017) however, am I too late? Can I get in through clearing? Is there a way of getting around the GCSE, perhaps proof of my enrollment?

I know some universities will accept level 2 functional skills etc, but again there is a long wait until exams.

I have emailed a bunch of potential universities this morning and will hopefully hear back in 3-5 days. In the meantime, has anyone got any advice or been in similar situations?

Thank in advance!! Sophie

ReputationRep:
    The Maths GCSE or equivalent at grade C is a requirement for all the MA courses and you must have it to enrol on a course so you wont be able to until you have it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.