Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else find British food generally bland? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Compared to the majority of the countries I have been to, it seems like so many people here don't season their food. And by seasoning I don't even mean just spices; herbs and even salt and pepper are underused in many dishes. I went to Fridays and ordered a steak, which turned out to be the driest, most tasteless stake I have ever tasted. I added salt and pepper and covered it with Jack Daniels sauce to make it edible. Fridays was much better when I had it abroad.

A number of other European countries are the same when it comes to food. It's the Mediterranean European countries that have great cuisines.

I love roasts, pie and mash, and other traditional British dishes when they are home-cooked by someone who knows how to season. They're rarely good when eaten at a restaurant though.

ReputationRep:
    yes we arabs have spice !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eunomia)
    Compared to the majority of the countries I have been to, it seems like so many people here don't season their food. And by seasoning I don't even mean just spices; herbs and even salt and pepper are underused in many dishes. I went to Fridays and ordered a steak, which turned out to be the driest, most tasteless stake I have ever tasted. I added salt and pepper and covered it with Jack Daniels sauce to make it edible.

A number of other European countries are the same when it comes to food. It's the Mediterranean European countries that have great cuisines.

I love roasts, pie and mash, and other traditional British dishes when they are home-cooked by someone who knows how to season. They're rarely good when eaten at a restaurant though.
    I agree! I love a good, spicy curry on the weekend!

ReputationRep:
    Us Asians have dat spicy curry
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I love all kinds of food, honestly, I enjoy British food just as much as I enjoy Asian foods.

I rarely ever dislike food/not enjoy them.

ReputationRep:
    Cut the bs, you don't need good-tasting food. Eat food regardless of taste. Man or woman the forkk up.

Food is overrated*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    yes we arabs have spice !!!
    I love Arab food, many dishes aren't chili but they're full of flavour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eunomia)
    I love Arab food, many dishes aren't chili but they're full of flavour.
    yeah i love it too the bland dishes to arabs are probz the spiciest a British person ever had lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah i love it too the bland dishes to arabs are probz the spiciest a British person ever had lol
    Arab food? What's that....and where can i get it

ReputationRep:
    Indian here saying what?

ReputationRep:
    wasn't balti invented in England?

ReputationRep:
    British food? You mean fish and chips?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I love British food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustDoIt!)
    Arab food? What's that....and where can i get it
    food originated from arabic countries lol and anywhere really im sure there has to be an arabic restaurant where you live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Indian here saying what?
    fam we all know indian food is bomb too !

ReputationRep:
    food originated from arabic countries lol and anywhere really im sure there has to be an arabic restaurant where you live
    Any dishes you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Wallahi once you've had jollof rice British food doesn't cut it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald7770)
    British food? You mean fish and chips?
    😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    fam we all know indian food is bomb too !
    I mean I don't think arab food is as spicy as Indian food.. some of us eat whole chillies for goodness sake

ReputationRep:
    beans on toast

/thread

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.