Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else find British food generally bland? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It needs some of that desi mirch some mircha masala on that sausage and mash

ReputationRep:
    British food is OK, I could never live on it though. I agree with you that its quite bland. Theres other better cuisines out there especially Indian/desi food yum 😍

ReputationRep:
    British food isn't that bad? I'd much rather have British than Indian food lol. It's too spicy for my liking. Indian food isn't bad it's just the chilli taste makes me want to vomit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolerthanapples)
    Don't worry dude. Spicy food is a major health problem. It's basically on the same scale as cigarettes/alcohol in the middle east, causes some very bad problems.
    Not according to any major studies; it actually has a lot of health benefits, as long as you don't go overboard.

But good food doesn't have to be spicy, it just needs to have flavour. Paprika, oregano, basil, garlic, ginger, majoram, rosemary, thyme and many other seasonings that are not chili can make food delicious and flavourful. When my mum and me make a roast, it comes out delicious because we season everything well before roasting.

ReputationRep:
    Bland food before adding sauces etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I don't find it too bland because I am British and was raised on the stuff and think it tastes really good!

Although, I do like a cheeky curry now and again :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm the oddball that grew up in a house where we can actually cook and I find most stuff at a restaurant boring (and I'm British)

I loooooove Thai green curry, it's so nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mofo101)
    It needs some of that desi mirch some mircha masala on that sausage and mash
    No your sausage tastes better without that seasoning

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.