The Student Room Group

Do you wax your face?

I'm thinking of getting my cheeks waxed, I wanted to get laser but I realised hair can come back with laser especially if you have hormonal issues. My issue with waxing is what if i get bad skin from it or early ageing. Is there anyone here who gets their face waxed particularly cheeks and side burns if so how often do you do it, and what is your general experience?
Original post by Dragon5555
Such a pointless thread

How?
I want advice on an issue
Original post by tillyteewee
How?
I want advice on an issue

He is just a troll, ignore him :smile:

You will get some relevant responses soon!
Original post by Dragon5555
Such a pointless thread

I see what you mean but low-key savage much? :colonhash:
Original post by Batgirl98
I see what you mean but low-key savage much? :colonhash:

how do you see what he means?
No. It thickens the hair later on. You do NOT want that. Save the money and get laser instead.

Yes it'll also make you age faster
I'll write a **** tonne and get attention so someone clicks on your thread for you.
Urgent help.....urgent....urgent...
I'm thinking of getting my cheeks waxed, I wanted to get laser but I realised hair can come back with laser especially if you have hormonal issues. My issue with waxing is what if i get bad skin from it or early ageing. Is there anyone here who gets their face waxed particularly cheeks and side burns if so how often do you do it, and what is your general experience?

Got it done 2/3 weeks ago. I wouldn't recommend, my skin was irritated for days and got bumps.
(edited 6 years ago)
nope (never waxed anything) but will probably have to start doing something since im sprouting 'beard hairs'
dont want to shave it but apparently it grows back worse, dont know if that's true?
Original post by Anonymous
nope (never waxed anything) but will probably have to start doing something since im sprouting 'beard hairs'
dont want to shave it but apparently it grows back worse, dont know if that's true?

Ive been bleaching the hairs but i have sooo much its crazy that you can see the blonde hairs from a mile.
Dont shave if you have thick dark hair it will go crazy worse
Ive been bleaching the hairs but i have sooo much its crazy that you can see the blonde hairs from a mile.
Dont shave if you have thick dark hair it will go crazy worse

bleaching them? what does that involve?:redface: sorry im not much good with anything like this
luckily mine are blonde because im fair but you can see them because they are long and stick out (more than just the normal face fuzz everyone has)
thank you for that, might leave off shaving then
tbh i wouldnt really mind having a beard if noone saw me its just that to society it looks weird i guess
Original post by Anonymous
bleaching them? what does that involve?:redface: sorry im not much good with anything like this
luckily mine are blonde because im fair but you can see them because they are long and stick out (more than just the normal face fuzz everyone has)
thank you for that, might leave off shaving then
tbh i wouldnt really mind having a beard if noone saw me its just that to society it looks weird i guess

It soo annoying I honestly wouldnt care about it myself but I would be socially excluded with my amount of facial hair lol.
Bleaching is to make the hair fair so its less noticeable, products like Jolen aim to do this- their really safe but if you do that just do a patch test before hand.
Literally though my biggest issue is ingrown hairs even after waxing I can get like little black dots that look like stubble purely because I have jet black hair.
I would have laser but the only thing holding me back is hair will come back a few years later, and because I would have to shave before hand which would can make things a whole lot worse.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Got it done 2/3 weeks ago. I wouldn't recommend, my skin was irritated for days and got bumps.

If you continued to wax would you skin not get used to it though? How did the hair grow back?
If you continued to wax would you skin not get used to it though? How did the hair grow back?

It's growing, but am not paying that much attention.

Quick Reply