Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I stink so bad ( my sister tells me), I am scared of sitting next to people Watch

Announcements

Like, how can I tell if I stink of BO or not? I shower every day when going to uni but I don't at home as I usually shower every other day....cos im lazy and not-social, and stay at home 24/7...anyway im so scared of sitting next to people in lectures and tutorials HELP ME!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Like, how can I tell if I stink of BO or not? I shower every day when going to uni but I don't at home as I usually shower every other day....cos im lazy and not v social, and stay at home 24/7...anyway im so scared of sitting next to people in lectures and tutorials HELP ME!
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Can get super strength deodorant I get it when I go abroad works well

ReputationRep:
    Use deodorant, shower, scrub your pits whilst you're in there...up your shower rate to 1 daily at home as opposed to 1 every other day; that's all you can do.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Like, how can I tell if I stink of BO or not? I shower every day when going to uni but I don't at home as I usually shower every other day....cos im lazy and not-social, and stay at home 24/7...anyway im so scared of sitting next to people in lectures and tutorials HELP ME!
    Do you also find that you sweat a lot? By a lot I basically mean do you physically feel or see sweat on yourself? If so, it's probably the sweat that's the issue. You can try various deodorants and antiperspirants, but what I suggest is popping to a pharmacy and just asking them what they suggest. There are strong antiperspirants which you can pick up from pharmacies that work wonders.
    Other things you can do to help reduce sweating are wear loose clothing (especially around the armpits), not wear too many layers, have generally decent fitness, not overexert yourself when you don't want to be too sweaty etc.
    As long as you aren't smelly after showers you don't really need to change anything, but I would suggest warm showers followed by cooler before you get out (the warn opens up and cleans glands and the cool closes them up again) and avoiding any products in armpits or where you feel like you sweat a lot (they can block and irritate glands).

If that doesn't work or you don't think that sweating is the issue it's probably worth popping to your GP to ask about it. Things like this are usually actually a simple fix, but people are just too embarrassed to or don't know they can see a dr about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.