Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I ask her out again? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I met this girl a few weeks ago and we went on a few dates. She is fantastic! She's pretty, creative and really nice. she seemed to like me and the dates went really well but throughout she made the point that she cant be in a relationship because she recently went through a break up.
    She brought up the idea of having a thing together but we cant be exclusive (i think this is her way of avoiding a relationship).
    I honestly felt okay with it as I didnt want to be with anyone when i go to uni this year and it would be nice to have someone to see through the summer. It seemed like she liked me and we were being honest so i was happy.
    I then went on holiday for 2 weeks and she didn't message me the whole time, the distance made me very insecure and gave me the chance to think about it
    I feel if we carried on as weird friends with benefits i would just get hurt, i either cant deal with not being exclusive or having to say goodbye for uni. So i then messaged her to say that we shouldn't see each other again for those reasons.
    Her reaction was that she was feeling insecure about seeing someone again and that she didnt feel ready which i do understand.
    At the time i felt relieved but now its been a few weeks or so, i am starting to miss talking to her and kinda wish we still talked, even just as friends.
    Should i see if she wants to meet again?

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her out again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdRiAnRsT)
    I met this girl a few weeks ago and we went on a few dates. She is fantastic! She's pretty, creative and really nice. she seemed to like me and the dates went really well but throughout she made the point that she cant be in a relationship because she recently went through a break up.
    She brought up the idea of having a thing together but we cant be exclusive (i think this is her way of avoiding a relationship).
    I honestly felt okay with it as I didnt want to be with anyone when i go to uni this year and it would be nice to have someone to see through the summer. It seemed like she liked me and we were being honest so i was happy.
    I then went on holiday for 2 weeks and she didn't message me the whole time, the distance made me very insecure and gave me the chance to think about it
    I feel if we carried on as weird friends with benefits i would just get hurt, i either cant deal with not being exclusive or having to say goodbye for uni. So i then messaged her to say that we shouldn't see each other again for those reasons.
    Her reaction was that she was feeling insecure about seeing someone again and that she didnt feel ready which i do understand.
    At the time i felt relieved but now its been a few weeks or so, i am starting to miss talking to her and kinda wish we still talked, even just as friends.

Just send her a text telling her everything you wrote on here then ring her after you think she's read the text. It's important she knows all this so you can both work out if you just want to be friends or friends with benefits then you won't feel so bad when you go to uni. You can tell her that you will take things slowly that way there's no pressure and it gives her a bit of time to try to get over her ex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jules)
    Just send her a text telling her everything you wrote on here then ring her after you think she's read the text. It's important she knows all this so you can both work out if you just want to be friends or friends with benefits then you won't feel so bad when you go to uni. You can tell her that you will take things slowly that way there's no pressure and it gives her a bit of time to try to get over her ex
    I think letting her decide when she wants to move forward might help her insecurity but i worry that if she does become fine with being closer i might end up getting too attached

ReputationRep:
    half a cookie and give the other half to her.simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomNoms)
    half a cookie and give the other half to her.simple
    Genius!

ReputationRep:
    I think letting her decide when she wants to move forward might help her insecurity but i worry that if she does become fine with being closer i might end up getting too attached

If you tell her how you're feeling first by texting or ringing her and telling her everything you wrote on here then she can decide when she wants to move forward and she will let you know. If you don't tell her she could meet someone else then you'll miss your chance then you will regret not telling her how you really feel.
    I wouldn't worry about getting attached or you will worry about that with every girl you meet. You just have to see how things go and just enjoy having fun
    I won't go into the whole story but I met a bloke years ago who lived a few doors down from me and he asked me out but we never went on a date because after visiting me at my home ( we did not sleep together )then texting the same night he changed his mind the next day because he was worried I'd get too attached. I was really disappointed but also incredibly insulted that he would think that or even worry about something so stupid and trivial.
    There's far worse things to worry about than getting attached to someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jules)
    If you tell her how you're feeling first by texting or ringing her and telling her everything you wrote on here then she can decide when she wants to move forward and she will let you know. If you don't tell her she could meet someone else then you'll miss your chance then you will regret not telling her how you really feel.
    I wouldn't worry about getting attached or you will worry about that with every girl you meet. You just have to see how things go and just enjoy having fun
    I won't go into the whole story but I met a bloke years ago who lived a few doors down from me and he asked me out but we never went on a date because after visiting me at my home ( we did not sleep together )then texting the same night he changed his mind the next day because he was worried I'd get too attached. I was really disappointed but also incredibly insulted that he would think that or even worry about something so stupid and trivial.
    There's far worse things to worry about than getting attached to someone
    Cheers, thats very helpful

ReputationRep:
    No JUST NO MAN, she said she needs time and you don't want to look like a NEEDY FCK WHO HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO. You'll find plenty of pussy in uni

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.