Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People in Birmingham/other cities in UK? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    Bandit assaults involving use of tools such as hammer , threats, robbery, insults at streets, persecution at school, breaking windows, spitting in face. Everything done by people of African, and sometimes of Asian origin. Police was reluctant to investigate these cases because of the racial issue.
    It isn't a race issue, I work in Birmingham and have had to call the police about these gangs. They are not predominantly any race.

The reason police don't investigate is because they don't have the resources.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did not say that the police don't investigate. I said that the police was reluctant to investigate, but eventually they did.
    The fact that they failed to do something effectively is another issue. I don't blame them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    I did not say that the police don't investigate. I said that the police was reluctant to investigate, but eventually they did.
    The fact that they failed to do something effectively is another issue. I don't blame them.
    The police here couldn't care less about what they consider to be "low level" crime. It is very frustrating but it is not race related.

ReputationRep:
    I swear I thought you were going to be talking about the accent smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    I swear I thought you were going to be talking about the accent smh
    Nah, even ugly accent is a good sign among native speakers. In my country local accents are almost inexistant because of post WWII and post WWII relocations. If a country has strong local accents it is a healthy sign, that means it was quite stable and secure in the past.
    • TSR Support Team

Birmingham is no worse than other parts of the UK, never had a problem when I go there apart from when it is the Birmingham derby match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Birmingham is no worse than other parts of the UK, never had a problem when I go there apart from when it is the Birmingham derby match.
    Just your normal machete wielding youths.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've lived in Birmingham all my life and the police here is like the police anywhere else in the country, you can look at the stats and your own observable truth to confirm whatever your belief is.

As for being a dangerous city, again it's no different to other cities.... go into the bad areas and it's shite go into the good areas and it's alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.