Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So...I've been considering university for 2018.

I would like people's opinions on which it degree is best for studying? In terms of, employment, salary, different job roles etc.

Thank you :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Arent you asking for rather a lot? Do you mean the best for you or the best according to some other metric? Have you done any research? You dont give any details, so am not going to guess.

I will start you off with the Guardian list but as with all rankings take it with a pinch of salt. Getting into Imperial or Oxbridge would be near the top imo.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ce-information

Best in a dodgy table might not be best for you though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have done research in ranking, but theres many different courses to pick from 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are doing this from the most idiotic approach. Focus on what you are interested in, and what you want to get out of the course. If you do it purely from some monetary perspective you will fail. There is no way you can pass long term projects unless you can develop a passion. That is even if you can get passed the interview stages at some of these competitive Unis.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I will take a course I will find interesting. I'm not a strictly money thinking person. If I find a different degree more demanding in the Industry and I'm interested in that too, I will most likely pick that degree. I'm not going to pick a degree purely over salary if I don't find interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think Computer Science since developers are paid well, but I could be wrong.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Jahir)
    Yes I have done research in ranking, but theres many different courses to pick from 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If youve done the research then why is your question so vague and lacking helpful detail about your circumstances?

Best for someone else might not be best for you. Try rephrasing your question and provide more detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If youve done the research then why is your question so vague and lacking helpful detail about your circumstances?

Best for someone else might not be best for you. Try rephrasing your question and provide more detail.
    Sorry. Im not trying to sound like a money hoe lol. I dont have one specific topic i like in IT. Thats why im thinking about several different factors before studying a degree. For an example, What degree may be the most demanding in the future for the IT industry?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jahir)
    Sorry. Im not trying to sound like a money hoe lol. I dont have one specific topic i like in IT. Thats why im thinking about several different factors before studying a degree. For an example, What degree may be the most demanding in the future for the IT industry?
    Computer Science is probably the "best IT degree" however, the unemployment rate is quite high for Computer Science graduates due to the fact that most graduates do not have the relevant experience that employers are looking for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.