Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jealousy in a relationship Watch

Announcements

Hi guys,
    Ive been with this guy for about four months but we've known each other for years. And he's a really nice person and assures me through what he says and does that he would never hurt me or cheat on me as we've both been cheated on in the past.
    But i just cant help this feeling of like jealousy anytime an ex is brought up, i feel so much doubt like does he still like her. I overthink things too much and it makes me distant towards him which obviously is not ideal.
    Please can anyone help me to lower any jealous feelings and to stop overthinking things!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys,
    Ive been with this guy for about four months but we've known each other for years. And he's a really nice person and assures me through what he says and does that he would never hurt me or cheat on me as we've both been cheated on in the past.
    But i just cant help this feeling of like jealousy anytime an ex is brought up, i feel so much doubt like does he still like her. I overthink things too much and it makes me distant towards him which obviously is not ideal.
    Please can anyone help me to lower any jealous feelings and to stop overthinking things!!!
    Why is the ex being brought up?

She's not in his life anymore. That's the problem.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I were with someone and they kept on talking about their ex.

(Original post by SGHD26716)
    Why is the ex being brought up?

She's not in his life anymore. That's the problem.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I were with someone and they kept on talking about their ex.
    Its just brought up sometimes because we all go to the same school and stuff and we have many mutual friends.
    I know this is psycho but he's also recently started liking all her insta posts she uploads. I know that doesnt mean much but like why would you feel the need to like your exes photos, he never used to. And this wont mean anything to him because he's a boy and he doesnt overthink things but it just puts doubts in your head

Tell him how you feel about it tbh

I used to feel jealous with the thought that my ex was in love with someone else when I was with him but never told him, rather covered it with other faults. It was that insecurity that ultimately led to a breakdown of what could've been a great relationship

ReputationRep:
    Its just brought up sometimes because we all go to the same school and stuff and we have many mutual friends.
    I know this is psycho but he's also recently started liking all her insta posts she uploads. I know that doesnt mean much but like why would you feel the need to like your exes photos, he never used to. And this wont mean anything to him because he's a boy and he doesnt overthink things but it just puts doubts in your head
    How old are you?

What's the point of this relationship?

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Tell him how you feel about it tbh

I used to feel jealous with the thought that my ex was in love with someone else when I was with him but never told him, rather covered it with other faults. It was that insecurity that ultimately led to a breakdown of what could've been a great relationship
    I understand what you mean, but sometimes its hard to actually communicate. Like i can just tell if i bring it up he will think that im being a crazy jealous girlfriend. And he's really good in the sense that if i ever ask about cheatinf and stuff he always reiterates that he would never ever cheat on me. So i have no reason to feel jealous but i still do

(Original post by SGHD26716)
    How old are you?

What's the point of this relationship?
    We're 18. The point? Idk we like each other aha

ReputationRep:
    We're 18. The point? Idk we like each other aha
    You need to communicate. If there's no communication or anything then your just each other's gf and bf for the sake of having one.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    "Your not you when your hungry, EAT A SNICKERS"

(Original post by apeshit007)
    "Your not you when your hungry, EAT A SNICKERS"
    That actually made sense to me on a deeper level than it should have aha. Thanks man that does actually help i just need some dam food

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.