Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    University of Leeds - BSc Accounting and Finance (with foundation)
    Reasons I would go for Leeds:
    - Ranked 1st for accounting and triple accreditation.
    - Top Students Union
    - Great graduate prospects

Durham University - BA Accounting and Management (with foundation year)
    Reasons for Durham:
    - 6th in UK (Leeds 14th) BUT ranked 20th for Accounting (TheGuardian)
    - More prestigious status
    - Leeds technically has 2 years where the course is taught by the Lifelong centre (year 2 half half between business school) WHEREAS as far as I am asware, Durham only has one year of foundation the rest is taught normally.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ep122)
    University of Leeds - BSc Accounting and Finance (with foundation)
    Reasons I would go for Leeds:
    - Ranked 1st for accounting and triple accreditation.
    - Top Students Union
    - Great graduate prospects

Durham University - BA Accounting and Management (with foundation year)
    Reasons for Durham:
    - 6th in UK (Leeds 14th) BUT ranked 20th for Accounting (TheGuardian)
    - More prestigious status
    - Leeds technically has 2 years where the course is taught by the Lifelong centre (year 2 half half between business school) WHEREAS as far as I am asware, Durham only has one year of foundation the rest is taught normally.
    Forget about rankings and prestige, what course do you like best? There will be differences in the module options (especially in years three and four), which do you prefer? Is location an issue for you, do you prefer small towns and pubs or big urban cultural centres?

That's probably not very helpful but there's not much anyone can really say, this is your decision, you need to make it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.