Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need people's advice , so I take Economics,History and G&P at A-Level and I'm confident in getting at least 2 A's .

At Uni , I'm a bit conflicted but things like PPE , Economics , Law all stand out . The trouble is all the top uni's require Maths A-Level (I wasnt aware of this in year 11) even for things like History,Economics & Politics .

My worry is that I won't get offers or anything like that due to my lack of Maths , please can someone with any idea of what might happen offer some advice/help . I'm in a pickle here and would appreciate the advice of those who have been in my situation .

Cheers
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    There are no single honours History or Law courses that require Mathematics, anywhere. I am not aware of any Politics single honours courses that require Mathematics. The only joint honours courses that would require it would be with Economics, at some universities. Many PPE courses do not require Mathematics - even Oxford's course, while they prefer it, only has about half of it's intake as having Maths already (although some of the other half may well have AS Mathematics).

There are many Economics single or joint honours courses which do not require Mathematics, although the majority do require or prefer Mathematics (and for some, Further Mathematics is preferred). Several of these are at Russell Group universities and similarly "ranked" ones (setting aside the many arguments for the meaninglessness of such rankings, and the fact that the RG is only relevant for considering PG research and is irrelevant for UGs entirely, and largely for taught masters students as well). There are also some related courses, such as Economic History or Land Economy, which are less common but cover similar material, and do not explicitly require Mathematics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.