Would you recommend doing CIE AS and A Levels privately?

Watch
username3463268
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I recently finished my IGCSEs in the May/June 2017 session, and I plan to take 4 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths for AS and A Levels.
Though 3 of my subjects require practical lessons, would you recommend that I self-study and give my exams?
Are practical lessons really a necessity? Or would the textbook and other guides suffice?
Thank you, I really appreciate your help!
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends. How did you find IGCSEs? Could you understand topics by just reading the resources or you required explanation. If you are confident that you can self study then self-studying would be the best choice.
tgys44
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just finished my AS exams in May, and from my point of view it may be a bit difficult to self study esp in the sciences. I would suggest not self studying because for practicals its pretty much crucial to have beforehand practice, especially for chemistry and biology
NachoPhilosopher
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For O Level and A Level ebooks and past papers, please visit, www.study.aliensservices.com
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (293)
55.7%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.3%

Watched Threads