The Student Room Group

What is so wrong with Zionism?

Don't most religions want they own country or state ?

Wasn't Pakistan split from India because Muslims wanted they own country and weren't being treated equally ?

Jews have suffered somuch throughout history, more than any other religion, so what if they want they own country where they can finally feel safe?

I'm not saying I agree with they occupation of Palestine, but there's nothing wrong with nationalism particularly considering how much they have suffered in the past.

Muslims and Christians against Zionism are nothing but hypocrites!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahsez

Wasn't Pakistan split from India because Muslims wanted they own country and weren't being treated equally ?

Jews have suffered somuch throughout history, more than any other religion, so what if they want they own country where they can finally feel safe?

I'm not saying I agree with they occupation of Palestine, but there's nothing wrong with nationalism particularly considering how much they have suffered in the past.

I stopped reading after your misuse of the word "they". It's annoying as hell.
Reply 2
Original post by satisfactionatlast

Grammar nazi
Grammar nazi

Guilty. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by satisfactionatlast

Hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't you see it's wrong to take someone else's country and then claim it's yours and that the inhabitants (the Palestinians) never existed? Zionism is used to destroy the identity of Palestinians. That is what's wrong with it.
Reply 6
Original post by OliviaRose98!
Don't you see it's wrong to take someone else's country and then claim it's yours and that the inhabitants (the Palestinians) never existed? Zionism is used to destroy the identity of Palestinians. That is what's wrong with it.

Thank you for this, it couldn't have been explained better

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Christian anti-zionists are mostly anti-Semites and holocaust deniers in disguise. As for Muslim anti-zionists, there case is more understandable as before Jews arrived and claimed the country as theirs, (Israel or Palestine) muslims lived in the country.

It was us Brits who were responsible for Israel's creation. Maybe it sounded like a good idea at the time...
Reply 9

But Jews wanting they own country- there's nothing wrong with that, and that's what Zionism is. Just like Christians or Muslims would want they own country.

I do not agree with their occupation of Palestine, but it seems people are against Jews having their own land. Look how beautiful, successful, progressive and advanced Israel has become. Most Palestinians and Arabs would prefer to live in Israel. They would rather be citizens of Israel.77% of Arab citizens would rather live in Israel. They do not wish to live in a palestinian state.

What does that tell you?
I wonder why they don't want to live in Palestine... Hmmm
Reply 11

They have suffered in the past and they are now trying to occupy Palestine and show disrespect towards the Muslim community by invading Al-Aqsa Mosque and preventing them from worshipping. You can't gain peace like that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Let's remember that the land of Eretz Israel was granted to the Jews by the Almighty... so they are entitled to live wherever they like in the Holy Land.
Christians had their own state, states actually. (until recently)

It's called the entire of western europe.
Reply 14
Because the land belongs to the Palestinians. The Jews invaded it and claimed it as their own while oppressing the Palestinians living there. How is that not wrong?

Jews and Muslims used to live peacefully together in Palestine through history. So I disagree,because creating Israel has just made things worse.

And Nationalism is not always good look at Apartheid South Africa

That's not why they were split
Are you one of these people that is paid to promote Israel on the internet?

Israeli trillionaires such as the Rothschilds are trying to rule the world, not just Israel. They own the media, they have puppets in every Western government, they control all industry and are responsible for the mass immigration and forced assimilation going on in every White country and only White countries.
Reply 18
Original post by AryanGh
Christians had their own state, states actually. (until recently)

It's called the entire of western europe.

That's my point. So what's the issue with Jews wanting the same for themselves? Particularly considering how much they have suffered compared to Christians. People just hate the concept of a Jewish state.
But Jews wanting they own country- there's nothing wrong with that, and that's what Zionism is. Just like Christians or Muslims would want they own country.

I do not agree with their occupation of Palestine, but it seems people are against Jews having their own land.

Zionism is more about Jews as an ethnic group than a religious one, but either way I'm opposed to any religious or ethnic group having "their own" state. A group having "their own" state inherently implies marginalising those who aren't members of the group with that state - and forcibly getting rid of them if they become too numerous.

Latest