Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice on stopping periods Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    So basically I don't want to have periods any more because I they make me feel like I'm about to faint and stopped me from performing well in an exam recently (any boys reading this or girls who have light periods and think I am making excuses please kindly **** off).
    The problem is that I don't want to go on the pill because it has caused weight gain for almost everyone I know. This is concerning to me because I have had problems with anorexia and I know that if I went on the pill it would start again. I was thinking about the nothisterone pill for taking during exams etc. Does anyone have any experience with this/other tips?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiaslifeisover)
    Hello,
    So basically I don't want to have periods any more because I they make me feel like I'm about to faint and stopped me from performing well in an exam recently (any boys reading this or girls who have light periods and think I am making excuses please kindly **** off).
    The problem is that I don't want to go on the pill because it has caused weight gain for almost everyone I know. This is concerning to me because I have had problems with anorexia and I know that if I went on the pill it would start again. I was thinking about the nothisterone pill for taking during exams etc. Does anyone have any experience with this/other tips?
    Norethisterone is like a short term thing so you cant use it too often but if it's just for exams it could be okay. Ita best you speak to your doctor to figure out your best option.

Surgery is always an option, albeit a drastic one- however, it's not the best idea if there's a slight chance of you wanting children in the future, and it could cause hormonal imbalance issues.

Then there's hormonal treatment like HRT, but that's difficult to access unless you have an excellent case or are transgender.

There are foods which can minimise or temporarily halt periods.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh what foods?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't know of any - I suspect they've heard some dodgy old wives tales.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.