Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm 22 and I start a Humanities access course at our local college in September. I've been out of Education since I was 16 as I went straight into work.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can prepare for the course and get my brain ticking again? Any websites or study materials which may be handy?

I'd like to concentrate on Math as A Level Mathematics is a part of the course and it was never my strong point.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InannaRane)
    Hi, I'm 22 and I start a Humanities access course at our local college in September. I've been out of Education since I was 16 as I went straight into work.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can prepare for the course and get my brain ticking again? Any websites or study materials which may be handy?

I'd like to concentrate on Math as A Level Mathematics is a part of the course and it was never my strong point.
    Keep just chipping away at it. Find something academic-y you're interested in and read that, and if you feel like it try making notes and things too. There's loads of GCSE maths resources online (try the maths forum on here if you want specifics, or Notnek can probably suggest you some), work through some of them to get back into it. You could also start reading ahead some of the things you'll be covering in the course. I've asked for this to be moved to Mature Students for you as there's loads of us in similar situations there, have a look through and see what you can find good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.